Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters can anyone help with graphtec ce5000-60 reg marks please?

• can anyone help with graphtec ce5000-60 reg marks please?

Posted by Catherine Foley on July 31, 2007 at 5:49 pm

Hi, first post here and I’m a crazy woman right now.

Please please help. It’s my first time trying to get the Graphtec ce5000-60 to cut using reg marks on opaque paper. When the paper is loaded and I press cut, the laser eye comes on, searches for the reg marks and then tells me that it failed to find them.

I’ve even placed the laser directly above the reg mark and it failed to read it.

I’ve been on the phone to Graphtec, but they don’t seem to be able to help.

I’m using a pre-set template for the reg marks from Robo Master Pro. The lines are the correct size, width and colour (black), as in the instructions.

If you think you might know at all, please tell me and I’ll try anything…ahhhh, I want to throw it out the window…..

Oh, and another thing. I noticed in the manual that it says you must position the rollers outside the registration marks. When I do this it just sits down and tells me REPOSITION ROLLERS.

That’s it, it’s going in the bin, I’m going insane! How can there be 15 pages in the manual of how to do something so simple?

Catherine Foley replied 16 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Peter Normington

July 31, 2007 at 6:14 pm

Hello crazy Catherine.

I am not familiar with the set up you have, but if using reg marks you will loose some of the available width of the plotter to allow it to locate them.
    Have you tried it with a smaller design?

Welcome to the boards anyway….

Peter

• Chris Wool

July 31, 2007 at 6:28 pm

hello

quote :

When I do this it just sits down and tells me REPOSITION ROLLERS.

normally means the pinch rollers are not in side there allowable areas
    also the graphtec needs to be told in the menu which type of marks it is going to look for ( inside or outside corners ) if as my fc7000

chris

• Frank Droog

August 1, 2007 at 1:36 pm

You need to print the regmarks at least 0.5 to 1 inch away from the edge of the sheet Also, leave at least 5 inches extra material on the back of the print after the regmarks or the plotter will drop the sheet on the floor looking for the back ones.

Chris is right that you need to make sure the cutter is set to look for the correct type of mark. You may have printed Type 1 and the machine is looking for Type 2.

Not 100 % sure but i think you need to position the tip of the Knife over the reg mark and do a set Origin on the cutter, Then the regmark finder should have no probllem.

I have a CE5000, FC4100 FC5100 FC 7000.
    I allways put he tip of the blade more or less over the reg mark and do a Set Origin befor having it look for Reg Marks.
    Dont use Robomaster so i cant be sure if it works differantly.

good luck
    frank at cadlink

• Catherine Foley

August 1, 2007 at 3:33 pm

Thanks everyone, I’ll try out those tips. I haven’t been able to go near it again, my stress levels wear soaring. I’ll give those pointers a try and let you know how I get on.