Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters can anyone help with graphtec CE3000-60 & Illustrator?

• can anyone help with graphtec CE3000-60 & Illustrator?

Posted by chyduke on March 13, 2006 at 9:22 pm

I recently upgraded to a Graphtec CE3000-60 from my old crappy Master brand plotter. I installed all the drivers. I would like to cut directly from Illustrator using the Cutting Master software provided. When I attempt to send a graphic to the plotter, it only gets through the first 10 percent or so of the file and thinks it’s finished! I am using Windows XP with Illustrator 9.0. Connected via USB. Plotter is in GP-GL mode. Please help! Thanks!

chyduke replied 18 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jayne Marsh

March 14, 2006 at 8:15 am

Is there an error message on the screen of the cutter such as “load media”? Also have you set your plot area in cutting master.

• chyduke

March 14, 2006 at 4:02 pm

Okay. I’ve been on the phone with Graphtec. There isn’t an error on the plotter. The problem isn’t with connectivity or the plotter itself, but rather with Illustrator. Even though I installed the Cutting Master plug-in, it didn’t show up under File> Cutting Master in Illustrator. The previous problem I had may have been caused by sending the fila via PRINT from Illustrator, which brought up the MK2 Controller. It’s probably time to upgrade to Illustrator 10 (at least) anyway. I’ll update this thread if I can get it to work.

Has anyone else had issues Installing Cutting Master into the Illustrator 9.0 Plug-Ins folder?

• chyduke

March 17, 2006 at 6:35 am

I’m replying to my own reply. In any case, I figured out where I went wrong. The Cutting Master software that came with my Graphtec is an Illustrator Plug-In that is supported only by the updated versions of Illustrator (i.e. 9.0.2, 10.0.2, etc). Funny, they failed to mention that at time of purchase. I was running a…ahem…less than legitimate copy of Illustrator 9.0 :bigwink: , which worked fine until I needed to upgrade to 9.0.2. Not allowed. Don’t worry. I have since purchased a full, registered and legitimate version of Illustrator CS and Bob’s your uncle (isn’t that what you people say all the time)? I hope this helps someone else out!