Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters can anyone help with a few roland pnc 1000 problems?

• can anyone help with a few roland pnc 1000 problems?

Posted by Brian Little on September 26, 2006 at 9:40 pm

if there is any still in working circulation 😀 .Hmm just got one for a back up machine but i must confessed im stumped .The instructions are unbelevable complicated .just a few Questions you might be able to answer

How do i change direction of vynil feed
    How do i set the origin point so that it doesnt go over the lettering ive just cut.

When i want to position the blade to a certain point it takes ages to get from one side of the plotter to the other …its like watching paint drying

Thanks in advance Brian

Brian Little replied 17 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Tim Painter

September 27, 2006 at 8:05 am

http://www.rolanddga.com/asd/support/wizard/default.asp

You may find a manual there but may need to search. I have a PNC 960 and found the manual under user resources.

Sorry I can’t be more help.

Tim.

• Peter Shaw

September 27, 2006 at 12:26 pm

It’s been some years but as I remember:

Vinyl feed: Roll on the back and feeds forward only

Origin Point: You should have this set in your software if it is returning to the original origin.

Positioning speed: Yup that’s it – old & slow like some of us in the forum!!

Also be aware that there is a maximum plot length of 1600mm. Some software did not acknowledge this and everything past the 1600mm point was lost. Most software cut everything up to the 1600mm then reset the cutter and carried on, like an invisible tile.

Peter

• Brian Little

September 27, 2006 at 5:13 pm

thanks peter and tim .Ive got the instruction manual Tim but the way its written is so complex just to tell you the syplest thing 😀 😀 bit like the signlab instructions …when you use it its simple …but to read it makes it sound so complicated .I thought it would be quicker than my trusty 960 but nah …Thanks anyway

• Stephen Kilgour

September 27, 2006 at 10:25 pm

hi funny thing!
    was just reading, Roland are doing a nationwide search for the oldest camm1 pnc 1000 still working,if you have it roland are offering a new camm-1 pro gx-300 in exchange. to go on display at roland’s head office. it said write down the serial number and contact roland on 0845 230 90 60

you never know your luck, you could get a brand spankin’ new one!!
    free.. how nice would that be?

• Brian Little

September 28, 2006 at 6:30 am

cheers Steve …lol …ill do it but i aint that lucky …never lol