Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Summa Cutters can anyone help please SummaCut D120 not cutting?

• can anyone help please SummaCut D120 not cutting?

Posted by Robert Berwick on September 1, 2004 at 7:18 am

Hello,

I have a SummaCut D120 which has been working well for the past couple of years. Just recently I was cutting a job when it suddenly developed a problem.

The machine will now only cut the 600mm or so furthest away from the origin. Therefore if I have a job to cut on 1200mm wide vinyl I can only cut one half.

If you set the page size and media size to 600mm wide it will cut normally, but then obviously you don’t get the top half of the 1200mm cut.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on here?
    All help will be greatly appreciated.

Robert Berwick replied 19 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Tim Painter

September 1, 2004 at 8:14 am

Have you deleted the drivers & re installed?

• Robert Berwick

September 1, 2004 at 8:20 am

I haven’t done anything yet.

Just to elaborate a bit further:

I think that most people use the USB driver which comes with this machine, me being me I have to be different. I use a “printer driver” which runs through the COM port, because I can’t get the software I use to cut to work with the USB drivers.

I will try reinstalling the driver (If I can still find it) to see what happens.

Thanks

• Robert Berwick

September 1, 2004 at 8:57 am

Sorry to have troubled you. I found an menu option called “RESET”. I selected it and it appears to have rectified the problem.