Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Sublimation Printing can anyone help me source dry transfer rubdowns please?

  • can anyone help me source dry transfer rubdowns please?

    Posted by dude on November 1, 2002 at 8:51 am

    Dry Transfer Rubdowns – Anyone ever heard of these? Im looking into finding the machine & media that can carry out this process.

    Any leads would be great

    thanks in advance


    Robert Lambie replied 21 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

    November 1, 2002 at 10:12 am

    hi there… can you give a little more details on what these are exactly?
    it maybe we know but the discription you have given is very vague….
    thank in advance for any further info.. 😀

  • dude

    November 1, 2002 at 10:36 am


    these are like the old letraset rubdowns that were used a few years back. You I assume simply print some text onto a piece of a4/a3 paper from I assume a laser printer, hold this over the media you are sticking it onto i.e exhibition wall, and simply rub over with a spatchular and it leaves the text stuck onto the wall. Ideal for very small text that cant be cut from vinyl.



  • Robert Lambie

    November 1, 2002 at 10:55 am

    ahh i see what you mean now mate.. the quick answer to that is i dont know.
    on that though.. we used to have a printing machine that worked in the eaxct same way.. still do have it im sure… anyway, it was like a photocopier
    you put in say a sheet of paper with signs in the middle.. it in turn photocopies it onto another “special” type of paper.
    it does it in colours also… you then take the special sheet of paper and sit it face down onto metal, brass copper whatever even t-shirts… hold and iron over it for 40 seconds . let it cool and lift paper away. it leaves a perfect print “dry” on the face of the material… it doesnt fade, flake, scratch whatever… i have old t-shirts that are done but the print is still perfect… 😀

    now all this maybe useless to you, but the concept is the same..
    the company that sold it too us was “Xpres” many years ago now.. about 14 i think, so you will have to speak with somone that is more than a new sales rep to understand what this is… maybe a boss in the company. they should be able to tell you who would provide you with this kind of thing if not help you themselves…

    cheers for now 😉

Log in to reply.