Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters can anyone help me set-up flexisign with Graphtec FC2100-60A

• can anyone help me set-up flexisign with Graphtec FC2100-60A

Posted by Joker on October 18, 2006 at 9:59 pm

Hi
    Bought a used FC2100-60A but when I try to cut, it just rolls out the vinyl until the end.
    I am using Flexisign pro 7 on windows xp
    I saw it working alright when i bought it, it was cutting on corel draw 10 with windows 2000. I dont have corel draw
    its connected to the LPT1 centonics printer cable
    I hope you can hep me

Joker

Joker replied 17 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Alan Wharton

October 18, 2006 at 10:17 pm

Is the cutter set to roll or sheet feed ? if its set to sheet it WILL run it to the end to measure the sheet ! 😉

• Joker

October 18, 2006 at 11:24 pm

I think its on roll as when i press 1 or 2 it goes to online
    1 and 2 says roll
    3 says sheet

• Joker

October 21, 2006 at 6:05 pm

has anyone got a manual for this cutter please
    so i can see if its on sheet instead of roll
    thanks

• Peter Normington

October 21, 2006 at 6:59 pm

When you load the media. you should see roll 1 roll 2 and sheet. next to the buttons, roll 1 will measure the width and find the edge of the material. roll 2 wil just measure the width, and sheet will measure the roll or however much material is in the machine.

Peter

• Joker

October 21, 2006 at 7:12 pm

Hi
    This is what i have been doing as i did to my gerber fastrak on flexisign
    I type in the text, then click on cut
    production manager comes up, select the driver and press send
    it then just rolls out the vinyl and even at the end of the roll it is still rolling on as if the roll was still there
    i have done this after pressing 1 and 2 and 3
    Do i need to press anything else for using flexisign
    thanks hope you can help

• Peter Normington

October 21, 2006 at 7:20 pm

I dont know flexi, but Have you selected the graphtec as your plotter, and set up the port and plotter at the same baud rate?

Peter

• Joker

October 21, 2006 at 7:32 pm

yes select the graphtec driver plotter LPT1 port as am using centronics cable but cannot find baud rate
    Thanks

• Brian Hays

October 21, 2006 at 7:33 pm

Only necessary to set the baud rate on serial ports Peter.

Where did the Flexi come from? I assume you got it from a different place than the cutter if you saw it working with Corel?

If it’s a legit copy give Graphtec a call. I am sure they will be able to sort the problem very easily. It’s obviously communicating otherwise it wouldn’t roll out some vinyl. Do you get any error messages on the cutter?

• Joker

October 21, 2006 at 7:46 pm

hi brian
    yes i bought it some time back and used it with a gerber 650 fastrack, it worked great
    i dont have corel draw to see it work on this cutter
    if i dont press 1,2,3 on the plotter it starts cutting very very small numbers and letters ?
    no error messages

• Brian Hays

October 21, 2006 at 7:49 pm

If you are getting small numbers you are probably sending the wrong language to the plotter. Graphtec’s can run in either HPGL or GPGL mode. When you turn on the machine it will display either HL or GL briefly. Change it to whicever setting it’s not on & it will probably solve the problem, fingers crossed.

• Joker

October 21, 2006 at 8:01 pm

hi brian
    it comes up with GL
    How do i change it to HL
    I dont have a manual

thanks

• Brian Hays

October 22, 2006 at 8:57 am

Sorry mate it’s a while since I have used one. You could also try looking in your software to see if it has a Graphtec HPGL driver. I know Signlab has Graphtec HPGL/GPGL drivers as well as named cutter drivers.

Think you need to press pause, next to get in to the gutter menu’s. If you can’t manage it give Graphtec a call in the morning they will be able to tell you straight away..

• Joker

October 23, 2006 at 2:10 pm

Thanks Brian and thanks Graphtec

Yes it was the wrong mode, graphtec told me the procedure on how to change to hpgl

Wow I thought i would have to go and buy Corel Draw !!! LOL !!!!

Many thanks again

Joker