Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters can anyone ell me how to improve tracking with a pc600?

• can anyone ell me how to improve tracking with a pc600?

Posted by AaSk4Stickers on December 6, 2003 at 8:38 am

I would really appreciate any advice / suggestions on improving the tracking (if possible) on my PC600.

It’s coming up 3 years old, and although it’s been serviced 3 times by Roland engineers (all realted to printing probs) it’s not had anything done to it as regards tracking that I am aware of.

It seems to be noticably off the straight and narrow even after a length of around 2 feet! Is that normal with this machine? My impression is that it has got worse over the last year or so.

I have been told that replacing the little rubber wheels can have an effect; anyone ever replaced them?

Rodney Gold replied 20 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mark Candlin

December 6, 2003 at 9:00 am

Try cleaning the wheels with meths or similar, the wheels should be mat in apperance not shiny.

• Rodney Gold

December 6, 2003 at 9:24 am

The grit rollers (those hatched metal things) get dirty , use some masking tape to “pull” the stuff stuck in the hatch pattern off , rotate the roller to get to all of it.
    The Rubber wheels have 2 problems
    1) they go out of round and get hard and should be replaced
    2) And this is most likely your problem , the rubber itself slips on the bushing and teeny drop of superglue on the sides where the rubber and bushing meet , cures this , be very careful with the superglue. what happens here is that the material tends to slew to one side or another if this is the problem. the side to which the material slews on forward feed is the side affected , IE if it tends to go to the left then it means the left roller isnt advancing as much as the right.
    Failing that , you might need an internal service as it could be something else.