Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters can anyone advise on the graphtec signjet Pro JX2150?

• can anyone advise on the graphtec signjet Pro JX2150?

Posted by jonnyboy82 on March 9, 2008 at 4:45 pm

Hi all i need some advice ive been offered by a friend a Graphtec Signjet Pro JX2150 printer/plotter but im not sure how good this machine is & how much its worth?

Also how much would a machine like this cost to service & how much are printer cartridges?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

jonnyboy82 replied 16 years, 1 month ago 8 Members · 24 Replies
  • 24 Replies
  • Brian Hays

March 9, 2008 at 5:12 pm

If won’t print onto standard Vinyl, you will need a very expensive coated vinyl if you want to print on the sticky stuff. And the coating on the vinyl scratches very easily. They wern’t fantastic machines years ago when they were new. Wouldn’t part with much money if I were you as it’s only really of much use as a Vinyl Cutter (unless maybe you want to print onto paper)

In fact if it were me I wouldn’t part with any money! :lol1:

Not sure where you can buy supplies from? I guess you can get them somewhere still though. I think it’s a HP Printer as I recall?

• jonnyboy82

March 9, 2008 at 5:58 pm

When you say you wouldn’t part with your money how much do you mean? I dont really know how much their worth.

• Brian Hays

March 9, 2008 at 6:38 pm

In my opinion it only has value as a Vinyl Cutter, so I wouldn’t pay any extra because it happens to have a very outdated printer attached. I personally know of a few companies that have them sitting around gathering dust. How much is your friend asking for it?

• jonnyboy82

March 9, 2008 at 7:13 pm

Between £1000 – £1500, negotiable.

• Brian Hays

March 9, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Seems a lot, I wouldn’t pay it.

Maybe somebody here that has had/has one can tell you differently?

What are you hoping to achieve with it Print wise? If you want to do Vehicles then imo it is not the machine for you whatever price you get it for.

• jonnyboy82

March 9, 2008 at 7:41 pm

Basically this is going to be used to cut vinyl signs for vehicles/shop signs etc, i just thought that being a printer as well it might have been worth it.

I did google this plotter to see if there was any info on it or how much it might have been worth but i couldn’t find anything so i knew it must have been an oldish machine, i even looked on ebay to see if there were any for sale on there?

So you think that seems too much then?

what you mean IMO?

• David Rowland

March 9, 2008 at 8:12 pm

does it comes with any plotting software?

• Brian Hays

March 9, 2008 at 9:01 pm
    quote jonnyboy82:

Basically this is going to be used to cut vinyl signs for vehicles/shop signs etc, i just thought that being a printer as well it might have been worth it.

I did google this plotter to see if there was any info on it or how much it might have been worth but i couldn’t find anything so i knew it must have been an oldish machine, i even looked on ebay to see if there were any for sale on there?

So you think that seems too much then?

what you mean IMO?

IMO- in my opinion.

Bearing in mind what you want to do then I would buy a decent Vinyl Cutter. If you do need anything printing them there are plenty of people that will supply print at a good price. And if things work out well & you start to make a few quid get an up-to date printer.

• jonnyboy82

March 9, 2008 at 10:22 pm

Im not sure if it comes with any software, ive got signlab tho?

• Peter Mindham

March 10, 2008 at 8:48 am

For that kind of money, you could buy a plotter from a reputable dealer with warranty and such.

Seems wrong to buy very old unsupported technology when you want the machine to generate income to feed you. Have a look on the boards to see what is about. I know of a couple of good cutters that are available from members. Will happily let them know you are looking if you wish.

Peter

• Jayne Marsh

March 10, 2008 at 12:06 pm

Ive got an old one and I found it to be a good printer and also a good cutter, but it is an old machine now and there arent many spares available, it runs on HP cartridges as far as I can remember. It is a dye and UV printer and not a solvent printer. I have cut plenty of large jobs on it and it cuts very well. Personally I would spend your money on a new cutter that comes with warranty etc.

• Paul Hughes

March 10, 2008 at 2:07 pm

hi

i have got a signjet pro jx1060, brought it about 8 years ago just as graphtec replaced it with a newer model, (got a good deal) i used to use GO out door inks in it, as said before you had to use coated vinyl and laminate. the quality of the prints was not too bad but the print heads were a nightmare (:) how my machine did not go out of the window i do not know. if i remember right the heads were £70 each and if the printer was not used every day they just blocked up, don’t go near it (!)

as a cutting it is very good mine still runs day in day out with out a fault, very good, but at the price being asked you would probably be better getting a new plotter if that’s all need.

Paul

• Chris Wool

March 10, 2008 at 2:20 pm
    quote :

how my machine did not go out of the window i do not know

its to big thats what saved my jx1130. 😉

as a cutter its superb 10 years old still use it every day for cutting.
    as a printer 🙁

chris

• jonnyboy82

March 10, 2008 at 10:41 pm
    quote Peter Mindham:

For that kind of money, you could buy a plotter from a reputable dealer with warranty and such.

Seems wrong to buy very old unsupported technology when you want the machine to generate income to feed you. Have a look on the boards to see what is about. I know of a couple of good cutters that are available from members. Will happily let them know you are looking if you wish.

Peter

mod-edit please read board rules

• Chris Wool

March 11, 2008 at 10:41 am

contact john childs he has a graphtec FC7000 130 for sale. superb bit of kit i know cos i got one.

i’ll get me 10% yet 😉

• jonnyboy82

March 11, 2008 at 11:35 am

That does look like a fantastic bit of kit but how do i get in contact with this fella? (?)

• Brian Hays

March 11, 2008 at 11:39 am
    quote Chris Wool:

contact john childs he has a graphtec FC7000 130 for sale. superb bit of kit i know cos i got one.

i’ll get me 10% yet 😉

Had somebody yesterday that wanted it. John has now sold it now I am afraid. Somebody got a bargain.

• Chris Wool

March 11, 2008 at 12:12 pm

good for them.

johno give brian a ring he may be able to help but he is not allowed to say so. nice co to do business with

chris

creep

• jonnyboy82

March 11, 2008 at 12:26 pm

Damn story of my life i always miss the boat.:banghead:

But how do i contact these people i got no numbers, email addresses or anything? (?)

• Chris Wool

March 11, 2008 at 1:11 pm

time to stump up for membership all will be reveled.

impact 01438 350902

• jonnyboy82

March 19, 2008 at 2:31 pm

A local sign company to me has just put up for sale a Summacut D120 SE 48" Vinyl cutter. It comes with a deluxe stand & media basket and CoCut Pro software. Also says its had very light use which i dont beleive but hey its a good plotter right?
    He’s advertised this for £2000 ono? Does this sound like a good price?

• Brian Hays

March 19, 2008 at 5:04 pm

Jonny you can get a brand new 48" Cutter with stand, warranty etc. for not much more than that.

• Alan Drury

March 19, 2008 at 5:20 pm

I think the CoCut software is a few quid though but from what I understand it does put Corel and Illustrator right up there with Flexi/Signlab etc. regarding additional features.
    Alan D

• jonnyboy82

March 19, 2008 at 6:00 pm

Is it worth it for about £1400 quid as ive got some inside info from a mate who works there? Its a great plotter though is it not? I really dont want to spend more than £1500 & i haven’t really seen much about for this price for a new machine.