Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Can a PC60/600 print longer than 1.25meters??

• Can a PC60/600 print longer than 1.25meters??

Posted by WP_Graphics on October 31, 2002 at 9:54 am

When I go to the settings inside the window’s driver on the PC600 it says the max print area is roughly 1.25 meters.

Is there a way that we can print bigger than this without having to cut the image in half and tile it??

Gavin

john6512 replied 20 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

October 31, 2002 at 10:00 am

gav go into your print set-up for the pc600 then click size it lets you increase the page size to whatever you want…. remember not to make the graphic to big incase it tracks off… 🙄
    also remember to click save settings or apply… or it will revert back to old settings each time you run a job!

• WP_Graphics

October 31, 2002 at 11:50 am

I cannot get it to work, (hot) (:), as soon as I type in say, 2 meters or (2000mm) it jumps back to the 1.25 setting. Should I install the driver again?

Rob, what is the biggest that you have printed on this??

Gav

• Phill Fenton

October 31, 2002 at 12:38 pm

Mines the same Gavin. I think perhaps the machine is restricted to a max length of 1.25 metres because of tracking problems. (I may be wrong). Are you not better to tile it? This way if it does mess up, you don’t waste as much expensive ribbon as you can always re-print a tile section

• Robert Lambie

October 31, 2002 at 1:31 pm

try dropping the resolution to say 600 or 300 if your doing somthiing very big.. not sure but think i did this before… as for tracking.. i normaly do about 40″ – 48″ but always keep it to a min when tiling just incase somthing goes wrong… but as you can see from the picture of the women i posted its not to difficult. i only did that in 2 tiles 🙄

• signworkshop

January 28, 2004 at 10:55 pm

The Roland PC60 can print over 5m. It must be the same for the PC600. To be able to print longer than the standard 1.25m you have to change the DPI from 600dpi to 300dpi or to get the longest print, you have to take it down to 150dpi. But by the time the machine prints the next ribon the tracking will be out. Best get large prints by a solvent printer.

From Mark

• john6512

January 28, 2004 at 11:03 pm

I remember reading somewhere on the website that the restriction can be caused by using Corel Draw and Windows XP and can be recmoved by using the RIP that comes with the PC600.

Check out the UK and US site under the forums.