Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters Camm1-Pro CM500 – cutting from Illustrator on Mac

• Camm1-Pro CM500 – cutting from Illustrator on Mac

Posted by John Childs on July 13, 2007 at 6:54 am

Finally had to ditch the old Mac OS9 computer we used for driving our Roland Camm1-Pro CM500. Now I need to find a Mac OS X Illustrator CS2 plug-in to drive the CM500..

I’ve had a look on the Roland site but can’t find an OS X driver that will work with the CM500.

We already have Finecut and it would be nice to be able to use that, if only to standardise things, but, of course, that only works with Mimaki plotters. 🙁

All suggestions gratefully received. Preferably something I can get in a hurry.

Thanks.

John Childs replied 16 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • John Childs

July 13, 2007 at 1:44 pm

Anybody????

🙁 (hot) 🙁 (hot) 🙁

• Chris Wool

July 13, 2007 at 1:59 pm

its for one of those umbrella things.

nothing on the original disks

chris

• Nick Minall

July 13, 2007 at 2:08 pm

Found "CutStudio" on the Roland DG here IE7 translated it ni to English for me so you will have to see if it does the same for you. it says it will work on the mac.

• John Childs

July 13, 2007 at 3:23 pm

Chris, I don’t understand the umbrella reference. Am I being dim today?

Nick, I have already downloaded CutStudio but for the CM500 there are only windows drivers.

Anyway, problem solved. Thinking about it, perhaps we could do with upgrading, so I’ve decided to take the nuclear option and replace the Roland with a new Graphtec. 😀

• Chris Wool

July 13, 2007 at 3:31 pm

mac umbrella ill get me coat.

i always thought that mac drivers were on the original disk

chris

• John Childs

July 13, 2007 at 3:47 pm
    quote Chris Wool:

mac umbrella ill get me coat.

Get a Mac – not a coat. 😀

Two problems there Chris, I don’t think we got a disc with the Roland or, if we did, we never used it and it has long since disappeared. We used Cutline to operate the CM500 and drivers for all the cutters were included in that software. Sadly, the manufacturer of Cutline is not going to do an OS X version.

Secondly, I can’t remember how old the CM500 is exactly but I think it is pre OS X, so a disc wouldn’t have had the right driver anyway. 🙁

Anyway, on the bright side, a new toy to play with on Monday. 😀