Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters CAMM 1 pro 1860 perforated cutting problem

• CAMM 1 pro 1860 perforated cutting problem

Posted by James Beavon on March 28, 2009 at 7:44 pm

my plotter has recently started perforating its cut lines when cutting out at a certain angle.

when it does this i can hear the blade housing shudder and it skips over the vinyl creating a perforated cut.

ive took the housing apart tightened up the screws and had a good look at it and think that either one of the rollers has worn down too much or the spring had lost some of its tightness causing a certain ammount of play in the housing.

has anyone else had this problem or knows how to eliminate.

thanks

Mike Fear replied 15 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • John Childs

March 28, 2009 at 7:54 pm

How’s the cutting strip?

• James Beavon

March 28, 2009 at 8:04 pm

hmmm

i thought it may be the cutting strip as it is pretty worn, will replace this first.

cheers

• James Beavon

April 4, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Nope thats not it.

im sure its the small wheel that moves the blade housing up and down, it looks replaceable too as it has a clasp on it.
    ive tried searching the net but cant find one.

hmmm any suggestions

• Otto Peltonen

April 4, 2009 at 5:27 pm

I had the same problem a while ago and it was cured when I changed a brand new blade holder.

• Mike Fear

April 4, 2009 at 5:53 pm

First thing I would check is the bearing in the blade holder – mine started doing this, and it was because the blade wasnt spinning to the correct angle, and was being dragged through the vinyl.

A liberal coating in WD40 had it working perfectly in no time.