Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Gallery Camaro Rally Sport 350 wrapping

• Camaro Rally Sport 350 wrapping

Posted by Tim de Beir on May 14, 2016 at 9:28 am

Last week I did a colourchange from yellow to gloss fiery orange from 3M.
    Yellow as standard colour was not really helpful, I had to wrap more than needed to blockout all the yellow!
    Complete back was done in one piece, also the front part with the headlight contours was done in one piece…

The difficulty was that the existing black striping was sprayed over the yellow base colour and was really thick, so wrapping over it was not an option and everything had to be cut out with the knifeless tape.
    The sharp corners is a no go with knifeless tape, even with the designline, so this had to been cut by hand 🙂

Attachments:

Martin Cole replied 7 years, 11 months ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Hugh Potter

May 14, 2016 at 11:07 am

More of a MoPar man myself (my last was a 600hp pro-street 450ci Plymouth Cuda!) but can’t fault the quality of the work you’ve done, looks like a similar original colour I’ve seen on the muscle car era Camaro’s.. great job!

• Patrick Donaghey

May 14, 2016 at 9:54 pm

NOW THATS A WRAP
    love my american muscle cars that was one happy customer what time frame did it take to do that 2-3 days ?

• Simon Worrall

May 15, 2016 at 9:01 am

Super job as usual, Tim.
    :appl:
    Simon.

• Tim de Beir

May 16, 2016 at 9:33 am

Thx for the comments, wrapping itself did took around 40 hours…

• Joe Wigzell

May 17, 2016 at 8:02 am

Ace job I’d say! Attention to detail spot on.

• Martin Cole

May 17, 2016 at 8:21 am

Again excellent work Tim,

Out of interest is this work as with the truck you posted really viable?

So many skilled man hours involved aswell as the price of material adds up to a tidy sum, do you price on so many hours initially or does it take you longer than you originally thought hence see the bottom line going down?

I’m a believer in you get what you pay for and like to think your clients are willing to pay top dollar for your work.

• Tim de Beir

May 17, 2016 at 8:31 am

Hi martin,

The dodge ram was etimated on 2500 euros, the client asked some extras (windowtinting, dipping external lights, changing the wrap on the hood, and also wrapping of the trunk cover) so we ended at nearly 4000 euro ex taxes!

The camaro was etimated on 1500 euros but this wil be 1750 euros (because of the existing striping) with an extra 230 euro for the garage (de/montage parts)

All prices are fixed so clients know what the shall pa

• Tim de Beir

May 17, 2016 at 8:32 am

An extra + is that I can buy the 3M wrap vinyl for a very very good price = nearly 500 euros ex vat for complete roll… 25meters

• Tim de Beir

May 17, 2016 at 8:36 am

I have to be honest that I if would work a bit faster, the wrap could be done in approx. 30 hours perhaps less, but I am selfemployed, love the job and for wrapping do take it a bit easier 🙂 when wrapping – this was also the car from a good client of me so have charged less 🙂

• Martin Cole

May 17, 2016 at 8:51 am

Thanks for the reply Tim, interesting and keep up that great work,