Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Buy – Sell – Employment Call for help: SP300 Magenta needed

• Call for help: SP300 Magenta needed

Posted by John Wilson on October 4, 2008 at 8:41 am

I’m printing up a few banners for today and my machine has ran out of magenta ink 🙁 a foot from the end of the banner 🙁

I ordered some yesterday aswell so that I’d have some on the shelf incase but my luck being my luck i’ve ran out today and I need these banners done like now

Is anyone able to help me out with a spare cart today??

If so could you call me on 07590606817

mod-edit :police3:
    please use the proper forum when posting.
    this post has now been moved.

Phill Fenton replied 15 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Mike Grant

October 4, 2008 at 8:52 am

There is a setting on the machine that will let you finish the banner with the little ink that is left in the cart. Check out your manual it is in there somewhere. Not used it myself yet, so not sure how to tell you now.

• John Wilson

October 4, 2008 at 9:05 am

The cart seems totally empty 🙁

• Nick Minall

October 4, 2008 at 9:22 am

will the printer set the chip on the cart to empty? did it stop printing or you just lost the colour?

• John Wilson

October 4, 2008 at 9:32 am

Not sure what the printer was set to as it’s second hand and never checked

Printer stopped, no loss of colour but can’t hear ink in cart

• Nick Minall

October 4, 2008 at 9:39 am

I may be wrong, but I think the printer will have set the chip to empty, the printer must of been set to stop when the tag on the cart came out 😕

• John Wilson

October 5, 2008 at 7:29 am

any one able to help out?

• John Wilson

October 5, 2008 at 8:10 am

Or even a loan of a cart for an hour so the printer will finish the job as it’s only black txt that’s left with an inch of red 🙁

• John Stevenson

October 5, 2008 at 9:16 am

Hi John

I think you are in Glasgow?
    I have plenty of ink in my Glasgow office but unfortunately I’m 30 miles away in West Lothian.

Here are two numbers for people in Glasgow who’ve both helped me with ink and borrowed from me – try them and tell them John from Kall Kwik sent you.
    John Hay 07974 862 077
    Tommy 07984 405 051

Regards
    John

• Phill Fenton

October 5, 2008 at 10:38 am

If you have a flushing cartridge plug one in to the magenta slot instead. This will allow you to finish printing using the ink in the lines. Then when you get a new magenta cartridge carry out a couple of powerfull head cleans to refill the lines with ink.