Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers BIG PROBLEM WITH PC600!!

• BIG PROBLEM WITH PC600!!

Posted by WP_Graphics on September 29, 2002 at 2:52 pm

I have a serious banding problem.

At the either edge of each ribbon pass there appear the ribbon colour’s in dot’s going across the page ie:

———————————————–
    Image;Image;Image;Image;Image;Image;
    ———————————————–

The lines are yellow, magenta and cyan in different positions with the correct image printed in between them!

I have taken a photo which I’m away to send to Mike or Rob and see if they can up load it for me for you to view..

Is this my head going……? 😮

Thank god it’s under warranty as I’ve only had it less than 6 months!

Robert Lambie replied 21 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Andrew Blackett

September 29, 2002 at 3:11 pm

I’ve had this on my 600, blue “splatters” before and after the image on either side, it only seems to happen when I’m running it at lower DPI’s and with the zeronine spot colour refils.

I’ve got to say I’m as puzzled as you mate, but ours doesnt do it all the time just when its ran with the above settings.

Try adjusting the settings and see if it does it again (?)

[edit]Now that I’ve seen the pic from Gav, its not the problem I had with ours, ours was a splodge before the actual image started so it didnt really matter. Yours looks like the machine needs the offset altering or the head is shot[/edit]

Here’s the pic gavin wanted uploading

ANDY

• red dragon

September 29, 2002 at 4:01 pm

Hi Gav,

This was similar to the problem I was experiencing with my PC60, when you print using spot colour, are you getting white lines between, instead of the coloured banding? If so then it could well be the head 🙁

Have you tried cleaning the head with the supplied Alcohol pen, or cleaning sheet?

Visit http://www.rolanddga.com and read their forum pages for colorcamm, it may help you find a solution.

• Phill Fenton

September 29, 2002 at 9:16 pm

I agree with Sharon – It looks like it may be the head as it seems to repeat itself at each pass in the same place (CYMK). This is very similar to my machine at 6 months when the head went on it 😥 . As Sharon says – try cleaning it – if this fails you’ll need to contact Roland I’m afraid.

• WP_Graphics

October 2, 2002 at 11:07 pm

Just to say,

I phoned Victory up on monday , told them the problem I had, they organised a roland engineer to come up on Tuesday. Arrived bang on time after a 7 hour journey; replaced the head under warranty and now my prints are back to the way I want them!

Very very good service from Victory Design and Roland!!

Just a quick one, has anyone’s machine ever stalled and made a high pitched sound when the printer is going back to change cartridge ie: the printer prints all the yellow, then comes back to the start, prints magenta and then midway on the way back it stops, makes a high pitched noise and then carries on printing from where it stopped at – midway down the page!!! The time it makes the high pitched noise for is the same amount of time it would take for it to get back to the start…

(?) (?) (?)

Gav

• Andrew Blackett

October 3, 2002 at 7:28 am

that normally happens when it finishes one of the cartridges, the one its just printed with, it’ll change it for another one and then carry on where it left off.

ANDY

• Robert Lambie

October 3, 2002 at 9:10 am

your first problem sounded as if the head was a tiny bit loose. can happen over time… but what do i know… 🙄

the high pitched niose….well doesnt sound to odd theres lots of weird noises come from these printers when running… however. some time if your ribbon isnt in its dock totaly square. the carrier struggles to lift it. it can jam for a sec but then get it… sometimes it doesnt and goes back and stops. this is human error most of the time. when loading your colours make sure they are in spot on… and make sure you tense up the ribbon too. if this isnt done
    every time and the machine has constantly got to struggle to lift catridges not properly loaded. then, in time the head is forced out of alignment due to the constant struggle to lift catridges. im not saying every catridge or anything like that just the odd one. you may not even notice it struggle. this is why these heads become loose! we are only talking fractions of a mil so its not as if your knocking it out an inch… just that tiny bit.
    hense, the reason to my first answer… but again, im no expert…. 😉 😆