Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers belgian première of the hp 9000S printer

• belgian première of the hp 9000S printer

Posted by Dennis Van Der Lingen on March 23, 2006 at 9:28 pm

hi all,

i’ve just gotten back from a reception wich was organized to show the première of the hp 9000s low solvent printer wich is launched in Belgium starting today.

i’ll tell you the machine is awsome, printing speeds where just scary and the results where to good to be true.

i’ts a production powerhouse that prints up to 322 ft²/hour ,30 m²/hour in low rez and 88 ft²/hour, 8 m²/hour in hi rez

it was a bit expesive though, it was based on a seiko printer and costed 32 000 euro +tax

not that i’m buying one, but t was quit intersting.

also intersting was some software that was on display,
    it was called gradual caslonflow.

the principle was that there is one pc conected to a printer with a hotfolder on the desktop, you could attach an email adress to it so you could actualy email your pdf’s to the printer, they had sold it to a very large shop who had given it’s customurs some (illegal an selfmade) copy’s of photoshop and told them to send their printfiles in pdf to an specific adress wich was the hotfolder, his customurs litteraly send their files directly to his printer without him having to lift a finger he was printing his customurs files:

the software checked the files first off course and sended them only if they where ok otherwise it sended an mail to the sender of the mail telling them what was missing or not ok.

amazing piece of software but very pricey

other than that made tons of connections and had a good time

anyway nothing usefull to tell but wanted to tell you what i saw today (since i have nothing better to do tonight and there is nothing on tv.

regards

Dennis

lubo1972 replied 18 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • David Rowland

March 23, 2006 at 9:38 pm

Thats an interesting read Dennis, thanks for sharing….

I look forward to seeing this printer, hopefully it will be at IPEX or SignUK here at the NEC in Birmingham…

I know the time where all the manufacturers are releasing their new products, particuerly with the big shows, this is where they make their biggest impact. Mimaki are releasing their JV5, hardly any webpages about but it is a true solvent but should do 40mtr/hour but cannot confirm what resolution that is… infact, speed is not our priority as a sign maker, it is quality and reliability.

HP are no new comers, they have always had a good share of the market but I don’t think the ventured into solvent as solvent can damage heads, so it is interesting move. Epson are dominate in the lower-cost solvent inkjet market, lots of the companies including Seiko do use Epson heads in their printers.

Glad you had a good show as I know printing is here to stay.

• Dennis Van Der Lingen

March 23, 2006 at 9:52 pm

hi Dave, actually i think i heard they where going to be at burmingham, not sure but i heard the name.

indeed printing speeds are not everything,
    my point of view is indeed that quality and reliability are dominent but there not the only factor:

i also know it is important to print daily with your printer in order for it to keep running without headclotching and other drama that can occur so if you have a printer that is fast as the new hp and you could do your weeks prints in a day you have a printer that is standing still the other 5 days of the working week wich obviousiy is not good for the heads.

i would rather have a printer wich i can give a bit to do every day than one that does everyting so fast i have to scratch my head to figure out how to keep it running the other days of the week so my heads don’t clog

• lubo1972

March 25, 2006 at 12:24 pm

It is just a rebadget ColorPainter. Seiko sell their solvent division to HP. Now we are waiting for HP to organize their network to maintain these new machines. Seiko just fail to make good maintenance for their machines. And also both ColorPainter’s , HP9000s, hp8000s and new Roland AJ-1000 uses Konika Minolta heads. This heads is more stable to solvents and they have more nozzles /so they print faster than EPSON’s/.

• autosign

March 25, 2006 at 12:34 pm

I heard this HP (Seiko) is going to be similar money to the Cadet Plus over here.

• David Rowland

March 25, 2006 at 12:45 pm

hmm that’s interesting as the ColorPainter is as old as the JV3, so uses the Epson DX3 head… strange, maybe they have changed it or I picked up the wrong info, always thought it was the same….. maybe not.

Anyway, the JV5 will be at Mimaki stand as advertised on http://www.mimakieurope.com, looking forward to see it as it uses a staggered head system which produces 4inches of print at a good hi-res, it also has nozzle out detection.

Not sure who makes the head this time but it will be interesting to see.

• lubo1972

March 25, 2006 at 1:20 pm

I think that JV3 is more old than ColoPainter /it is 2 year old machine/. About new Mimaki. I think that it is new edition of JV3 with some improvements. Because – Konika heads have 512 nozziles per head /Epsons have 2×180 nozziles/ Also max resolution of Epson head is 1440 dpi, Konika – 720. I think that this ‘new heads’ is DX4 Epson heads. We will see what the truth is 🙂
    Seiko is very fast machine, because they put heads displaced, not in a row like Mimaki/Roland/Mutoh and they print more wide at one pass than Epson’s.