Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Banner mode printing? OKI C532.

• Banner mode printing? OKI C532.

Posted by Carl Hanley on February 7, 2019 at 6:58 pm

Hi All,

Any help on banner printing would be greatly appreciated on an OKI C532 as i’m a newby to put things bluntly!

I have generated a range of designs on adobe illustrator which vary in size. Although they very in size, they are created on the same size artboard. The artboard is the size of the media i am using. 520mm x 110mm. I will trim the print accordingly afterwards.

I have an oki c532 and although i have configured the correct width and length in the printer operator panel itself, I have also selected the correct dimensions in the post script printer utility.

The design is then displayed correctly in the bottom right of the printer utility (bit where you confirm the print) and the media is pulled through the multi-purpose tray. Problem is, nothing is printed on the media. Occasionally I may get some of the print but not all of it?

I’m a bit confused really, it’s difficult for me as OKI support is not available when i get home from work and have spent a few hours playing with the settings…

While playing with the settings, i will also sometimes get the attention LED flashing at me… So far im not a fan of this unit :bangshead:

Any help would be great!

Cheers,
    Carl.

Andrew Regan replied 4 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Iain George

February 7, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Is this not a laser desktop printer? Not really the type of printer for banners? What kind of banners are you making?

• Carl Hanley

February 7, 2019 at 9:48 pm

Indeed it is. I understand it may not be ideal for professional banners but all i’m after is how to use the banner mode function as for some reason it doesn’t want to print :praiseyou:

• Colin Crabb

February 8, 2019 at 3:11 pm

What media are your trying to feed?

• Carl Hanley

February 8, 2019 at 4:23 pm

reflective vinyl for show plates

• Andrew Regan

October 3, 2019 at 10:29 am

did you get it to print on the reflective vinyl in the end ? I am looking to get this set up but being told that laser printer won’t print onto high quality reflective material such as nikilite and 3m reflective