Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vehicle Wrapping avery mpi 1104 out gassing time

• avery mpi 1104 out gassing time

Posted by Danny Miller on June 10, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Hi guys having some problems with installing avery mpi 1104 air release version.

I have a feeling it’s down to the out gassing time as I left it only 24 hours before laminating , is that too short ?

It was quiet a heavy ink coverage , mainly full purple and pink design.

The vinyl was just like bubble gum as soon as i removed the backing paper it just wanted to stick together and was so thin. The air release was not existent

Another potential problem was I could only find a profile for the mpi 1105 on avery’s website for my Roland , so maybe it layer down too much ink.

Also how long after laminating do you guys wait to install

Thanks

peter moore replied 6 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

June 10, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Avery have changed some of its out-gassing periods in recent months. I would advise looking on their website for the most current recommended pre-laminating periods to allow.
    for Solvent, It is anything up to 3 days out-gassing period, but that also depends on your out gassing procedures. it could be longer!

• Danny Miller

June 11, 2017 at 7:42 pm

Cheers Rob, I’ll have a look on there website

• Joe Killeen

June 12, 2017 at 9:56 am

Done an Avery wrap course and the trainers were vague on how long to out gas but from talking to other users of MPI1104ea
    most left the prints to out gas for over 72 hours.
    One tip was if you get a strong solvent smell off the print it still has gas in it.
    I now leave my prints 72 hours and no problems.
    Hope this helps

Joe

• Danny Miller

June 12, 2017 at 10:11 am

Cheers joe, I just checked a offcut I had left from the print and it seems much better, so I think 72 hours sounds about right

• peter moore

June 17, 2017 at 12:48 pm

We always print on a thurs and book the van in for a Monday, that way the prints are hung out all weekend, can’t fail that way.