Activity Feed Forums Software Discussions General Software Topics artcut2002 eps problems!! – cant open it?

• artcut2002 eps problems!! – cant open it?

Posted by Stickertech on September 13, 2005 at 6:13 pm

Hi

I am trying to open an eps I have been sent and it opens it as a mess of lines! we have no idea why and time is getting very short!! we have tried the eps file on another program on another computer (not mine) and it works fine so i am thinking it must be the software!

any ideas????

Best

Matt

Silvio Alves replied 18 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Paul Cox

September 14, 2005 at 8:04 am

Unfortunately Artcut is probably the most basic Design/Signmaking software for vinyl cutters etc.

Have you tried re-exporting as an .ai from your friends software??

• Jayne Marsh

September 14, 2005 at 8:35 am

Can you post the file so that we can have a look at it for you?

• Silvio Alves

September 14, 2005 at 12:40 pm

Hi Matt,

We use Artcut too, and have encountered the same problem, what we tend to do is open the “eps” file in Corel and then do a “save as” obviously use the EPS file format, then go into Artcut and import the newly saved file and hopefully it should work. Don’t ask me why this happens, as I am baffled by this too, I will be interested in the advise you get.

Artcut is rubbish when it comes to importing eps files, but since doing this trick “EPS” files seem to work.

I use Coreldraw 10.

Hope the above helps.

Regards

Silvio

• Stickertech

September 14, 2005 at 4:20 pm

Silvio! nice job thats sorted it!! have already subbed the job but at least I am still in favour for future work i spose!!

Many thank!!!!

Matt

• Silvio Alves

September 14, 2005 at 4:39 pm

Hi Matt,

Glad I could be of help

All the best!

Regards

Silvio