Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters artcut 2005 with Graphtec plotter

• artcut 2005 with Graphtec plotter

Posted by Jim Anderson on March 24, 2010 at 11:20 am

Hi all,
    Does anyone know how to get artcut 2005 to work with ce5000-40 plotter.
    I am using usb cable but no response when i send to cut…..but when i choose print it will cut on the machine, i am confused.
    The program that comes with plotter is fine but very limited in usage….think i’ll have to change software. any ideas very welcome.
    thanks
    jim :lol1:

Martin Pearson replied 14 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David-Foster-

March 25, 2010 at 9:23 am

Hi Jim
    What software are you designing in? Corel / Illustrator / other?
    Print uses a windows printer driver and cut uses its own software.
    I see Arcut costs about £20 from sign wizard. I am afraid you get what you pay for.

I see you have a good plotter though, graphtec. You haven’t gone the cheap chinese route. If graphtec includes a plug-in for Corel I would get an early version of Corel Draw, say 12 for less than £80. You could then upgrade to X5 at a later date for £165. (I think)

• Chris Wool

March 25, 2010 at 11:18 am
    quote :

The program that comes with plotter is fine but very limited in usage….

in what way

• Jim Anderson

March 25, 2010 at 10:07 pm

will probably go with corel, what program do you guys use?

• Martin Pearson

March 26, 2010 at 12:37 am

There are a lot of people on the boards that use coral and find it capable of doing just about anything they need.
    Have you taken the time to learn how to use the software you have properly Jim?? What is it you want to do that you find you cant do with the software you have already.
    What sort of work is it that you mainly do ?? I noticed from the post that although you have a Graphtec plotter it is only a craft robo pro which will only cut a maximum width of 14 inches which limits the sort of work you can do unless you muck about a lot.