Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vehicle Wrapping Arlon Printmedia 2 Mil Cast White DPF 6000X Bubble Free

• Arlon Printmedia 2 Mil Cast White DPF 6000X Bubble Free

Posted by Chris Lambe on January 9, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Any one had any experience wrapping with this film
    Is it any good?
    We are currently wrapping our own van in this film well very shortly
    It’s printing as i post this
    The van is an Opel Vivaro Vauxhall Vivaro in England

Chris Lambe replied 15 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Stuart Taylor

January 9, 2009 at 3:11 pm
    quote Chris Lambe:

Any one had any experience wrapping with this film
    Is it any good?
    We are currently wrapping our own van in this film well very shortly
    It’s printing as i post this
    The van is an Opel Vivaro Vauxhall Vivaro in England

If you were wrapping simple curves or a van with shallow or no recesses then the 6000X should work – however if you’re working with deeper recesses I would sugest the standard Arlon 6000 range as the Xscape technology could work against you in recessed areas.

The Xscape technology (air channels) is fine for flat areas where you get a benefit from the air channels allowing any air to escape. In recessed areas the air channels reduce the adhesion level required for long term adhesion in the recess, along with the post heating required which will then heat up the air trapped in the channels potentially causing blistering.

We have both versions on test on a vehicle at the moment – The standard 6000 went down fine and is still looking good but the 6000X blistered on post heating but has stayed in the recess.

Are you laminating the print – if so are you using the Arlon 3220 ?

• Chris Lambe

January 9, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Hi Thanks for the response we are laminating it with Arlon 3220…Another quick question what temperature should we set the laminator to?

• Stuart Taylor

January 9, 2009 at 4:27 pm
    quote Chris Lambe:

Hi Thanks for the response we are laminating it with Arlon 3220…Another quick question what temperature should we set the laminator to?

The 3220 laminate can be applied cold to your base vinyl – only need for heat is to help aesthetically, if you have very dark areas heat will reduce "silvering"

Really depends on how dark your print is and how hard your rollers are i.e. certain rollers will give better nip pressure therefore reducing the need for heat – If your rollers are soft a little heat won’t harm the laminate but will improve the adhesive flow therefore giving better surface contact.

Hope this helps

Stuart

• Chris Lambe

January 9, 2009 at 4:36 pm
    quote Stuart Taylor:

quote Chris Lambe:

The 3220 laminate can be applied cold to your base vinyl – only need for heat is to help aesthetically, if you have very dark areas heat will reduce “silvering”

Really depends on how dark your print is and how hard your rollers are i.e. certain rollers will give better nip pressure therefore reducing the need for heat – If your rollers are soft a little heat won’t harm the laminate but will improve the adhesive flow therefore giving better surface contact.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Hi Stuart thanks again for the helpful info the image is quite dark in area’s so i think a little heat may be necessary to stop the silvering effect have a good weekend cheers