Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl Arlon DPF 4500G

• Arlon DPF 4500G

Posted by Gary Birch on September 21, 2010 at 9:30 am

Hi All
    I have had Arlon chasing me for business for the last few months and they have quoted me a price on DPF 4500G which is very competitive. Can anyone tell me what the matching laminate code should be?

The reason I ask is that they have also quoted me on 3400 series laminate which they are stating as a 3-year polymeric. As the DPF is a 5 year polymeric it has set alarm bells ringing.

Can anyone confirm whether this is the norm and also any feedback on the above products would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Gary

Gary Birch replied 13 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Rogers

September 21, 2010 at 10:04 am

That’s the same pair I used / was recommended (recently). 3420-Gloss. with my 4560X-02 media.

I think lam is a 3-5yr and the media is a 4-5 year…since digital print’s outdoor lifespan is about 3-4 year seems fine for general use.

• Gary Birch

September 21, 2010 at 10:18 am

Thanks David
    The prices they have offered have got lower and lower, I know the some unscrupulous companies will do anything for a sale and was a tad wary.

How is the vinyl performing? I am thinking of placing a trial order to try it.

I am currently using MD5 but the cost saving makes it worth looking at for me.

Cheers

Gary

• David Rogers

September 21, 2010 at 11:49 am

I LOVE printing on the Arlon – and buy the air escape grey back 100% of the time – and have done for a few years now.

Prints beautifully as it’s got a great ‘white-point’ and take the ink pretty well.
    Used it on everything from small labels to the sides of vans & buildings – so far – so good.

Laminate – just recently started using this particular one as previously I’d been getting a 5yr JAC polymeric or a 5-7yr 3M film.
    I was advised by Gill @ Wm Smiths that this laminate is the match for the media.

The arlon is by all accounts a cracking media for the money.

• Gary Birch

September 21, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Thanks David that’s good enough for me.

I’ll place an order and give it a try. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Gary