Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Arizona 360xt ink cure problem

• Arizona 360xt ink cure problem

Posted by Lee Huison on February 23, 2017 at 8:12 am

Hi all, we have a Arizona 360 XT which we have had since 2012 and up untill about 5 months ago have never had a problem. The problem we are having is that anything we print that gets laminated just pulls straight off the board. We are using dibond supplied from blackburns and they have said they have changed suppliers. Do you think it’s the boards we are using or is there anything we can do to give the ink more of a bond i.e. Different ink etc. Thanks Lee

Unknown Member replied 7 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • A.Kordowski

February 23, 2017 at 8:55 am

Hi Lee have you recently changed you’re laminate? looking at the pics id say it looks like you’re not using a uv compatible laminate and the laminate you are using is not adhering to the ink. Does the laminate pull off the board where theres no ink?

• Unknown Member

February 23, 2017 at 9:02 am

It’s almost definitely a board issue – We have had this before where the ink just came off, it will not be anything to do with the lamination if this is something you have not changed.

My advice would be buy some proper UV digital print grade board and test it on this. If the ink sticks to this board you know blackburns boards have an issue with them.

• Lee Huison

February 23, 2017 at 9:00 pm

Hi, thanks for the replies. We done a test print on a new dibond sheet which we got from a friendly sign company next door to us and hey presto the ink stays on even when laminated. As soon as it was printed it just felt different, less tacky. Definitely be ordering new boards now.

• Unknown Member

February 23, 2017 at 9:05 pm

If the boards from Blackburn’s are faulty and they have sold them to you as UV print board I would be looking for some compensation.

We did the same with Antalis and one of their products. Rep had his tail between his legs when we did a live test of both a good board and there board live in front of him.

Glad you got it sorted, hope you haven’t sent to many jobs out on the poor board.