Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Adding another pinch roller on my fc8000 75

• Adding another pinch roller on my fc8000 75

Posted by Daniel Crank on October 12, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Is it possible to purchase a 3rd pinch roller for my fc8000 75.
    I have to cut with my rollers right on either end to get maximum cutting width, id like to install a 3rd roller to aid tracking….
    Thanks

BenRead replied 13 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Chris Wool

October 12, 2010 at 9:46 pm

i did ask graphtec for the same thing last week. never got a reply.
    mine is a fc7000 130 and has 3 rollers but for cutting motox stuff could do with another one or two.
    there are potential problems with set up as the machine reads the roller position and if there is a extra one then will not understand unless its a non read type. (i know what i mean)

from what you say you need to use wider material and your problems will disappear.
    i run graphtecs and rolands, the graphtec just don’t like the rollers to close to the edge of the material.

• Daniel Crank

October 12, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Hi Chris
    Maybe there’s a way to disable the sensor ? If there is i could run the rollers closer and set the start point myself ??? Tell me if I’m babbling…

If i use a wider material i will have lets say a 50m roll at 700mm and another at 500mm which will be useless to me….

• Chris Wool

October 12, 2010 at 10:23 pm

a lot of suppliers do 700 ish size rolls.
    it does say in your manual that the rollers have to be set in 15mm from the edge else it wont track straight

chris

• Daniel Crank

October 12, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Which suppliers do 700mm wide rolls….
    Thanks

• Chris Wool

October 12, 2010 at 11:20 pm

http://www.grafityp.co.uk/sign-making-v … k-100.html

i sure spandex do

• Martin Pearson

October 13, 2010 at 12:24 am

Not sure if I understand what you are saying here Daniel. You should be able to set the rollers from any width from about 4 inches up to the maximum. The head will measure the distance between the rollers which gives you the cutting width and also sets the start point.

• BenRead

October 13, 2010 at 2:13 am

hi all.

just reading this, i was informed at the beginning of the week grafityp are not going to be stocking 700 rolls as there is too much waste on this for them.

Hexis do a 760 roll if that’s any use.

Ben