Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Acuity LED 1600 II printer from Fujifilm, feedback please?

• Acuity LED 1600 II printer from Fujifilm, feedback please?

Posted by Robert Lambie on September 22, 2016 at 1:02 am

I just wanting to make a quick post here regarding the new Acuity LED 1600 II printer from Fujifilm.

As some UKSG members here will already know, a group of us had been invited to the Open House event at Fujifilm UK Ltd, which is on from the 27th-29th September if anyone is interested in going along…
    Unfortunately, I had to pull out of attending at last minute due to workload and I am a bit gutted as I wanted to see this machine in the flesh being put through its paces. Reason is, i was sent some printed samples on vinyl to test a few weeks back and whilst doing so i did a bit of wrapping on some panels with the vinyl. "as you do" 😉 anyway, I was surprised how well the ink kept its colour and did not fade, crack or chip! and for the record, this was a deep U-shaped recess. I did the exact same test with some latex prints out my HP360 and they faded a bit "as expected from any ink" but not the fuji. anyway, i may have a use for this type of print/application ( but not wrapping) and now interested to hear back from anyone on ukisgnboards.com that maybe attending the open day?

Really I just want to know of any good or bad points. I have done a bit of reading up on it, so anything that you may find a downside "if any" to the machine, i would appreciate it.

$this->BBvideo_pass(‘$8’, ‘$4’, ‘$7’)

$this->BBvideo_pass(‘$8’, ‘$4’, ‘$7’)

Neil Danley replied 5 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Ian Hatfield

October 24, 2018 at 4:07 pm

Its been a while since I was last on here so hello again.

I am looking to buy one of the Fuji 1600 II or 1600 R to replace my water based printers, my only concern is that the ink seems very tacky and easy to mark on various substrates. Does anyone have one that can give me an insight into the tacky print? Is this just the way it is or is it a profiling issue. I have received samples and have concerns, if anyone has one I would love to here your views on it.

Regards

Ian Hatfield

• Neil Danley

October 31, 2018 at 7:46 am

Hi Ian

I know Mutoh do a UV printer as I got a mailshot a while back as i owned a valuejet in the past. have you taken a look at these at all? Never seen the Acuity (or heard of it until seeing this post!).

Neil D.