Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers 640 vsi or vg 640 thoughts please?

• 640 vsi or vg 640 thoughts please?

Posted by Dan Osterbery on December 3, 2016 at 10:01 am

Any owners out there? What are the benefits of each printer and which ink configuration do you have. We are thinking of upgrading from our sp540 and would love to hear from those who have already done so.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Dan Osterbery replied 7 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Daniel Evans

December 5, 2016 at 5:35 pm

I’ve got the VSi-640 and love it, can’t really speak for the other one as never used it but the VSi is a nice machine.

In terms of printing I couldn’t ask for more, in terms of cutting it’s not been great but then that could be me.

I’ve got a little trouble with contour cuts, small things it’s perfect, anything over a metre and it’s way off, did a van the other day and it was shocking, re-printed it with a massive bleed and came out fine, there is some settings i need to go through but not had time yet.

• Dan Osterbery

December 5, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Thanks Daniel,
    i have had a chat with Roland Uk today discussing the pros and con of each machine and maintenance costs and ink configs etc, so i am getting a clearer picture.

Print and cut i’m sure you will get there! It took us a couple of frustrating years with our Sp540 but once we got all the settings right and made a few tweaks, it was awesome on big or small cuts. It is worth spending the time playing.

thanks for getting back to me

All the best

Dan