Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl 4000x2500mm window. Contra Vision, Laminate or not. Help?

• 4000x2500mm window. Contra Vision, Laminate or not. Help?

Posted by Peter Munday on November 13, 2014 at 1:03 pm

As per the title really, have a 4000x2500mm window to do and I was wondering if I should laminate it or not, if I was to laminate can I use my standard laminate?
    The window is at ground level but off the main street in a secure yard.

Peter

Paul Hodges replied 9 years, 5 months ago 7 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Unknown Member

November 13, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Peter

You shouldn’t need to laminate this.

We have some contra-vision we did for a client about 4 years ago hanging in direct sunlight and it hasn’t faded one bit…

We did spray this with somekind of liquid laminate that you get in a spray can.

I’m not sure where we got this from now

Perhaps that might be the route to go

• David McDonald

November 13, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Hi

Yes, we’d laminate it with ‘frog juice’ from Victory, I think Landor also do a version.

Cheers
    Macky

• Peter Munday

November 13, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Would Frog Juice or similar product be ok for latex prints?

Peter

• Martin Manley

November 14, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I’m doing similar job next week and want to know if it will be easier to put down if it’s laminated and also; should I apply it wet or dry?

thanks

Martin

• John Harding

November 14, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Martin I cant see a liquid laminate help the application process but dry app only every time

John

• Martin Oxenham

November 14, 2014 at 3:18 pm

We have tried using laminate on this but you have to use Opticaly clear laminate which works brilliantly but everytime we have used it we are left with squeegee lines and tracks. we Have tried firm pressure, light pressure, plastic squeegee and felt squeegee but with the same results. So end up putting it on without laminate it and giving it a coat of polish with Mr Sheen.

• Paul Hodges

November 20, 2014 at 9:56 am

The problem with contravision is that it only works with optically clear laminate, nothing else is 100% clear, including frog juice.

The result is that you can’t see clearly out of the other side. If the contravision has to operate with correct visibility from behind, you either have to not laminate it at all like most people, or you get the optical stuff.

It’s quite rare to find anyone who uses that, even big trade suppliers don’t seem to use it very often.