Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Industry News (Archive) £4000 Gold Ferarri Vehicle Wrap for Kick Boxing Champ

• £4000 Gold Ferarri Vehicle Wrap for Kick Boxing Champ

Posted by .News on March 31, 2014 at 9:04 am

Ferrari Rocher: Undefeated kickboxing world champion covers £200,000 supercar with garish layer of gold vinyl. Supercars are always something of a status symbol and Ferraris come pretty high up even that lofty hierarchy.
    However, for kickboxing world champion Riyadh Al-Azzawi just buying one of the flashest cars on the market isn’t enough. The Iraqi fighter went even further, wrapping his £200,000 458 Spider with gold vinyl – for the comparably reasonable price tag of £4,000.

The £200,000 supercar belongs to kickboxing world champion Riyadh Al-Azzawi
    The car, capable of a top speed of 199mph, was snapped while the fighter was training in a nearby gym
    Riyadh Al-Azzawi is undefeated in all 47 of his career bouts and has retained his world champion title since winning it in 2008

These snaps were taken when Mr Al-Azzawi parked the Italian supercar outside a gym in Kensignton, London, where he was training and it wasn’t long before it attracted crowds of gawping onlookers. Tim Burton, who runs the YouTube car channel Shmee150, which makes videos about supercars seen around the capital, said: ‘I’ve seen some pretty exciting cars roaming the streets of London, but a golden Ferrari is about as bold as you can get.

‘If you want to cause a scene, this is the way to do it.’ The Ferrari 458 Spider is the convertible version of the popular supercar which is widely regarded as one of the greatest cars built by the Italian firm. It is powered by a 4.5-litre V8 engine which, located behind the driver, develops a whopping 562bhp. This gives it a 0-62mph time of 3.4 seconds and a top speed of 199mph. Mr Al-Azzawi took up kickboxing when he was 13 and became Iraq national champion six times and Arabic champion twice before moving to the UK. He quickly become British champion twice over before moving on to claim the European title. He won his world-champion belt in 2008 and has defended it against all challengers since, he currently has a career record of 47 wins out of 47 bouts, with 35 knockouts. The fighter said his ambition is to unite Iraq through kickboxing and to defend his title in his home country. He also hit the headlines in 2008 after the death of singer Suzanne Tamim, with who he was close friends, some reports even claimed they had been married before her death.

The Ferrari 458 Spider is the convertible version of the popular supercar which is widely regarded as one of the greatest cars built by the Italian firm and It reportedly cost £4,000 to cover the supercar with gold vinyl.

CLICK HERE : Vehicle Wrap Training & Accreditation courses run throughout the UK
    To watch Video: CLICK HERE

Source

Vicki K. Gibson replied 9 years, 11 months ago 7 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

April 1, 2014 at 2:40 am

I love how the bonnet of the wrap is already failing in an area that should NOT fail at all. OK its a recess, but gradual and over such a large area i can only put it down to bad installation practice. so there! 😉

you can only see it in the video…

• Vic Adair

April 1, 2014 at 7:21 am

Thats the Gold version now have a look at the Silver version

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 … =2&theater

Don’t think they went on rob’s course :lol1:

• Shane Binding

April 1, 2014 at 11:30 am

Just goes to show money still cannot buy taste lol

• Robert Lambie

April 1, 2014 at 12:00 pm
    quote shane binding:

Just goes to show money still cannot buy taste lol

Or a well installed wrap! 😀

• Jon Marshall

April 1, 2014 at 12:44 pm

It looks a good job apart from that bit. Cant have been an easy one to do.

• Robert Lambie

April 17, 2014 at 1:28 am
    quote Jon Marshall:

It looks a good job apart from that bit. Cant have been an easy one to do.

not so sure Jon, the guy video’ing it even comments on it being a poor fitting as he looks towards a bit on the roof. then there is the bit on the bonnet i spotted which is one of the easiest areas even for the chrome gold.
    the thing with every chrome wrap i have seen or know of being done is its "tiled" and i dont just mean panel to panel. but tiled on recessed areas, tiled on tight convex areas… tiled in most places actually. so a car with sever changing angles all over the place makes tiling on all the bend lines much easier.

back to the bonnet fail there, for that to have popped back like that, means either it wasn’t post heated but possibly a poor quality chrome, a proper cast chrome should never have pulled from a gradual recess like that. just hope to god it wasn’t done in a polyester film. :lol1: 😉

• Craig Brown

April 17, 2014 at 10:39 am

So who’s going to tell Mr. Al-Azzawi then Rob? 😉

• Robert Lambie

April 17, 2014 at 10:42 am

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

i think the vinyl manufacturer should be sent in to explain. they are normally good at talking their way out of these situations. 😉

if it goes pete tong, ill hold their coat. 😀

• Jon Marshall

April 17, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Of course, they wouldn’t recommend there chrome vinyl is suitable for wrapping in the first place. We bought some of the Hexis one and they wouldnt let us have any until we’d been lectured by the technical guy first 🙂

• Robert Lambie

April 17, 2014 at 2:44 pm

There isn’t a chrome vinyl recommended for wrapping worldwide Jon.
    it is meant for detailing and the like. Even on the Avery swatches it states it is meant as an accent film.

• KevinGaffney

April 19, 2014 at 7:19 am

One of many reasons I’ve never bothered with the full wrap stuff. Too many poor jobs out there being done at stupid prices. Twelve months later, there rubbish. Far too much work in the sign industry to be had to get involved in the wrapping rat race

• Vicki K. Gibson

May 29, 2014 at 3:51 pm
    quote Robert Lambie:

I love how the bonnet of the wrap is already failing in an area that should NOT fail at all. OK its a recess, but gradual and over such a large area i can only put it down to bad installation practice. so there! 😉

you can only see it in the video…

Yes, I see it on the hood and on the roof edge, and I am not an expert at all! How sad to do that to such a great car! I mean, really…what some will do for a few min of extra attention. However, maybe someday someone will get that car and put it back into its own wonderful paint and restore the true beauty it is…and not in gold! Just imagine that that money could have done in a food bank or for kids who don’t have much in England. Things are still tough there for everyone…sigh…oh well. Silly is as silly does!
    Cheers from Canada.

• Vicki K. Gibson

May 29, 2014 at 3:53 pm
    quote Vic Adair:

Thats the Gold version now have a look at the Silver version

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 … =2&theater

Don’t think they went on rob’s course :lol1:

Ohhh, crack up for sure!!LOL. Hey, at least it is easy peal!LOL