Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl 3M 4090 micro prismatic tape or similar

• 3M 4090 micro prismatic tape or similar

Posted by Karen McGinty on January 11, 2018 at 12:43 pm

Hi all.

Long time no post, but in serious need of urgent help so please forgive my sudden appearance after a long absence!

I am in need of a 2.5 inch mircro prismatic tape in orange to replace decal on one door of a van. Have found a supplier, but they want me to buy a full 50m roll! We don’t use it regularly enough to need a full roll! Does anyone else use this and would be willing to sell us enough for the job?

Cheers

K x

Stuart Taylor replied 6 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Richard Urquhart

January 11, 2018 at 6:31 pm

Is this on an RAC van ?

• Karen McGinty

January 11, 2018 at 6:52 pm

No, it’s amey highways.

• Richard Urquhart

January 11, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Ok only I have some kits for the rac ones

• Karen McGinty

January 11, 2018 at 7:04 pm

Ah. It’s not even a kit it’s just a 2inch stripe down one side probably no more than 1m long. Thanks anyhow x

• Richard Urquhart

January 11, 2018 at 7:14 pm

Yeh the ones I have are a little smaller and cut to size for a transported and edge sealed sorry though I may have been able to help

• Karen McGinty

January 11, 2018 at 7:28 pm

So have been great! Have found a supplier, but they only sell it in 610wide and I only need 2.5 inches so would be rather a lot of wastage! [emoji30]

• Richard Urquhart

January 11, 2018 at 7:37 pm

[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

• Stuart Taylor

January 12, 2018 at 11:47 am
    quote Karen McGinty:

Hi all.

Long time no post, but in serious need of urgent help so please forgive my sudden appearance after a long absence!

I am in need of a 2.5 inch mircro prismatic tape in orange to replace decal on one door of a van. Have found a supplier, but they want me to buy a full 50m roll! We don’t use it regularly enough to need a full roll! Does anyone else use this and would be willing to sell us enough for the job?

Cheers

K x

Hi Karen

Looking at the photo the top edge is ultrasonically edge sealed and is available as a tape – If its Red you would need 980-72 and if its orange it would actually be classed as a fluorescent orange code 9924

Both are available by the metre @ 2" wide ready edge sealed tape – No one would do this normally in the orientation your photo shows so i am guessing this has been cut off the vehicle from a 2" wide strip, not as a 2 1/2" strip.

If you just purchase 24" wide rolls and cut down maually the tape will fail along the long edges with water and dirt ingress – if using 3M always go for a supplier that edge seals the edges of the Diamond Grade.

Stuart

• Karen McGinty

January 12, 2018 at 12:33 pm

Thank you. Thanks to your advice have now sourced a supplier of the tape and saved a fortune! X

• Stuart Taylor

January 12, 2018 at 1:53 pm
    quote Karen McGinty:

Thank you. Thanks to your advice have now sourced a supplier of the tape and saved a fortune! X

Happy i could help :thumbsup: