• 1983 – 2005

Posted by Shane Drew on October 21, 2005 at 11:28 am

Well, 2 kids, heaps of gray hair and 22 years later, Cathy, the love of my life, and I celebrate our 22nd wedding anniverasy tomorrow.

We met in March 83, Engaged in June 83, Married in October 83.

She keeps reminding me tho that she would have only got 15 years for murder 😮

Taking the clan (wife, kids, Mum, Dad, sister, Aunty and Mother In Law) to a expensive restaurant tomorrow to celebrate. Seafood Smargasboard…. I’ll be working for the next 22 years to pay for it tho 🙄

Attachments:

Brian Little replied 18 years, 6 months ago 23 Members · 35 Replies
  • 35 Replies
  • Jill Marie Welsh

October 21, 2005 at 11:51 am

Congratulations to the both of you.
    …why doesn’t Cathy have grey hair tho?
    Love….Jill

• Mark Shipley

October 21, 2005 at 11:57 am

Congratulations to both Cath and yourself!!

Any thoughts on rewnewing your vows for the next 22 years?

Have a really great meal – I don’t suppose you’ll be having Moreton Bay Bugs? I love them 😛 wish we could get them over here.

Mark

• Lorraine Clinch

October 21, 2005 at 12:05 pm

Congratulations Shane and Cathy, what an attractive couple you make, no wonder you are proud of her Shane. Have a lovely day tomorrow.

Lorraine

• Shane Drew

October 21, 2005 at 12:06 pm

:lol1:

Thanks heaps.

Actually Jill, Cathy does not have any gray hairs at all. I have her share tho.

The photo is a year old (on our 21st anniversary) and now I am totally gray, and she is no different. I wish I could say that she gave me my gray hair too, but in truth I have been going gray since I was 18. 🙁

a 10 and 8 yo does not help tho 🙄

• John Childs

October 21, 2005 at 12:20 pm

Congratulations to you both.

• Dave & Rob Lowery

October 21, 2005 at 12:27 pm

:cheer: CONGRATULATIONS on 22 years of wedded bliss. :cheer:

When we got married 33 years ago, my wife asked me if I will still love her when she is old and fat. Just the other day I told her that I love her now she is old and fat and got a thump for it!! You just can’t win

• Martin Cole

October 21, 2005 at 12:57 pm

Congratulations to you both!

Join the club Shane I started going grey when I was 18

• steve geary

October 21, 2005 at 1:19 pm

Congratulations Shane!
    Something to be very proud of!

I’m Married for 4 months….. I’ll catch up!

steve

• Marekdlux

October 21, 2005 at 1:20 pm

Congratulations Shane!
    I thought I was doing good with dating a girl for one year (on Monday). 22 years! 😮 You’re my hero! :lol1:
    Cathy looks very nice.
    -Marek

• Jayne Marsh

October 21, 2005 at 1:29 pm

Aaaawwww what a goodlooking couple you are 😀
    I will have been married 22 years soon and guess what? Jeff is grey and Im not!!!! 😮
    Congrats and enjoy your meal……..Im sure you will, have a great time.

• Bryan Cabrera

October 21, 2005 at 3:09 pm

Congratulations Shane. I will have a cocktail in your honour!

quote Jayne Marsh:

I will have been married 22 years soon and guess what? Jeff is grey and Im not!!!! 😮

That explains why I seem to break up with my girlfriends as soon as I see a few new grays popping up. I really think it has nothing to do with age! My Grandmother is 92 with pratically no Grays my Grandfather hair was completely white.

• Phill Fenton

October 21, 2005 at 5:16 pm

Congratulations Shane 😀

Are you sure that’s not your daughter in the picture with you. She looks far too young to have been married to you for 22 years . 😛

Alison and I just celebrated our silver wedding anniversary last month. We Invited the whole family and some close friends around to celebrate. Even our best man and the bridesmaid were there that day.

Doesn’t time fly 😕

• Lynn Normington

October 21, 2005 at 5:30 pm

congrats cathy and Shane we had our silver in May this year, have a really special time

love Lynn and Peter

• Nicola McIntosh

October 21, 2005 at 7:56 pm

congratulations 😀 you both make a lovely couple 😀

hope the next 22 are just as good 😉

nik

• John Singh

October 21, 2005 at 10:27 pm

Congratulations to you both
    Hope the celebration meal goes down well

……and well done

• John Simpson

October 21, 2005 at 10:34 pm

Congrats to you both, you have done very well Shane, especially still having your parents around to enjoy life with you both.

L J

• Leigh

October 22, 2005 at 3:32 am

Congratulations Shane!
    your wife does look far to young to have been married for 22 years already………maybe it’s something in the water there?
    hmmmm
    maybe it’s time for me to move.

Enjoy

Leigh

• Shane Drew

October 23, 2005 at 10:39 am

Thanks everyone.

Really appreciated the comments friends. Not as much as the wife tho, after some comments on her age here, she has a real spring in her step I can tell you :lol1:

Went out to the restaurant. Unbelievable food. Every seafood you can imagine. I had a morton bay bug for you Mark 😛 Tiger Prawns were huge. Crabs, lobster, Salmon, Tuna, Chicken, Roast Beef, Asian,

Deserts to die for…. A pasta chef that cooked anything you wished for…… Cheese Platers…. Wine tasting….. Salads…… I could go on……

Had a great time. Thanks again for all the best wishes

• Carrie Brown

October 23, 2005 at 6:39 pm

Congrats Shane 😀

Nice to hear that you all had such a lovely evening too!!

I hope the next 22 are just as great for you both 😉

• Lynn Normington

October 23, 2005 at 9:06 pm

I don’t know if it’s true shane but I imagine you have wonderful sea food over there, just love to eat fish but what in the sea is a morton bay bug 🙄

glad you enjoyed yourselves when it’s your 25th. spect we will all get plane tickets to join you 😛

love Lynn

• John Simpson

October 23, 2005 at 9:28 pm
    quote Lynn:

but what in the sea is a morton bay bug 🙄

love Lynn

was wondering that myself Lynn.

L J

• Robert Lambie

October 23, 2005 at 9:34 pm

sorry i missed this one mate,
    “congrats to you both mate, hope everthing went spot on mate!” 😛

• Shane Drew

October 23, 2005 at 9:45 pm

thanks friends,

this is a bug. Only small, but very sweet meat in the tail.

Attachments:

• Peter Normington

October 23, 2005 at 9:49 pm

What’s that the bugs holding then Shane 😀
    Peter

• Nicola McIntosh

October 23, 2005 at 9:54 pm

is that a sort of cray-fish…lobster type of big prawn 😀

i just love sea food full stop…i also like the greenlip mussels, but obviously they are frozen when i get them 😀 but still fab 😉

nik

• Peter Normington

October 23, 2005 at 9:55 pm

I love green lips to
    found this about bugs,
    http://www.uktvfood.co.uk/index.cfm?ukt … adID=12242
    Peter

• Mark Shipley

October 23, 2005 at 10:09 pm

There’s only one place to enjoy a bug, and Shane thanks for enjoying one 😉

Mark

P.S. Shane next time I’m in the area I’ll treat you and Cathy to a few bugs and some VB’s

• del

October 23, 2005 at 10:22 pm

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀

• Marekdlux

October 23, 2005 at 10:45 pm

It sounds like you had a great time Shane!
    Lynn, nice new picture. What did you do to Peter’s though??? :lol1:
    -Marek

• Lynn Normington

October 23, 2005 at 10:55 pm

nothing it’s just the green lipped mussels!!

lynn

• Marekdlux

October 23, 2005 at 11:02 pm

Ahhh…and you still kiss him? You are one incredible women. 😀
    -Marek

• Brian Little

October 24, 2005 at 8:03 am

Shane …..i know your Cathy!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 she short changed me at K-mart …..loganholme …Brissy 1991!! 😀 😀 😀 all the best to you both Shane …congrads

Brian

• Dave Bruce

October 24, 2005 at 9:33 am

Congratulations Shane, I hope to get over there one day, so I look forward to trying the seafood too.

All the best

Dave

• Shane Drew

October 24, 2005 at 11:13 am
    quote Peter Normington:

What’s that the bugs holding then Shane 😀
    Peter

Got no idea who the bloke is Peter, just googled for an image and this is what came up 🙄

Brian L, couldn’t have been my wife mate, she was working for the ANZ bank then. If you had said that some woman had chastised you for not having enough funds, that would have been my missus.

In truth, she caught her bank manager opening false accounts with unemployment benefits. Got him red handed. Told the bank union, they got the manager moved to a little country branch, and then warned my wife not to ‘dob’ on their own again or she would be in strife. She resigned a week later and got snapped up by a building society the same day. Very proud of my wife for doing what is right.

Mark, I know some really good seafood restaurants. If you make it out here, I’ll shout the VB’s and Seafood. (that goes for anyone else here too!)

John, I am indeed very lucky to have both my parents to enjoy. They are married 47 years on November 22, so we sort of had a dual celebration on Saturday night. Mum enjoys having the family round for a BBQ to celebrate their anniversary, and we make a pretty big thing of it with our Kids. We encourage the kids to save up for presents and do their own cards and what not, and they really look forward to it every year.

My sister usually buys 5kg of prawns (my dad loves seafood) and we all sit around the outdoor BBQ filling our faces, enjoying the moment.

I think in this day and age, anniversarys are a milestone that should be acknowledged as being something special. Whether it is 6 months, 12 months or 50 years. But then, I have been accused of being too sentimental, and I suppose I am, but heck, there is so much to be depressed about in the news, we have to have something to look forawrd to, don’t we?

Thanks again for your support. This is an amazing community.

Cheers

• Brian Little

October 24, 2005 at 11:24 am

have a couple on me Shane & cathy :appl: :2thumbs: (drink1) (drink1)

Regards Brian