Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Question on Laminator width sizes?

• Jamie Wood

June 21, 2021 at 2:03 pm

Our old Seal one had 1650mm rollers, which was a bit tight on 1600 rolls.
    The new one has 1700mm rollers, so a bit easier. I think most of them would be wide enough to do 1600 rolls if they are advertised for that width. Not sure about EasyMount or other brands.

• Colin Crabb

June 21, 2021 at 2:32 pm

Easymount EM1600 – 1700mm rollers

• RobertLambie

Administrator
    June 21, 2021 at 6:53 pm

The Mounters Mate laminator is 1620mm wide.

• John McNickle

June 23, 2021 at 10:32 am

Cheers guys, i just thought it weird that the roll size we get is 1600mm so the laminator would be about 1650mm for a bit of run off, all help is always gratefully received, thanks

• Karen White

June 24, 2021 at 8:00 pm

could it not be that you should never drift off as much as 10mm or your lamination would be worthy of the bin? so there shouldn’t be a need for a machine roller more than 50mm over the size of the maximum width of the vinyl?

• David Hammond

June 25, 2021 at 3:33 pm

I love our mounters mate, for it’s accuracy we’ve ran 30+m through it with no issues.

The only thing I miss from the easy mount it replaced, is when loading 1600 rolls, there’s not about 10mm each end, and the plastic brackets it fits into are awkward to locate, especially juggling a full roll. Same when using a snitty/bodyguard knife to cut the backing, there’s not much room to get the tool in, and out at the other side.

However, it’s only occasionally we laminated 1600 wide, and is something I can persevere with.

• Mark Johnston

June 26, 2021 at 4:49 pm

i agree David.
    50 inch rolls are bad enough but trying to load a 60 inch roll and then discovering you have loaded it around the wrong way drives me crazy! surely visual guides on machines should be added to help with our stupidity?
    🙄

• John McNickle

June 28, 2021 at 8:43 am

Thanks again for the input, the issues David raises are the main ones like roll core etc, yes i always have it in my head about a bit of run off but that’s maybe just the old 54″ laminator i have getting on a bit