Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics 1600 Pro series laminators from gaps uk

• 1600 Pro series laminators from gaps uk

Posted by Steve Motts on May 9, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Does anyone have any experience of these laminators?

http://www.printcutandfinish.co.uk/1600 … laminator/

They seem to very appractively priced compared to all of the kit I saw at Sign and Digital but at the back of my mind I have a voice yelling "to good to be true"

Does anyone here have any first hand on experience of these?

We will mainly be using it to lay up corex/diabond and for laminating printed vehicle wrap film.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Vic Adair replied 11 years ago 9 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Adrian Neill

May 30, 2013 at 7:34 am

Sorry, don’t have any experience, but we’ve been looking at these too.
    We’d be really interested to know if anyone has any experience of these too.

• Chris Wool

May 30, 2013 at 7:46 am

Just watched their video and if thats how to use that machine I would soon get fed up with it

• Martin Cole

May 30, 2013 at 8:09 am
    quote Chris Wool:

Just watched their video and if thats how to use that machine I would soon get fed up with it

I remember watching that thinking the same Chris,

• Martin Oxenham

May 30, 2013 at 9:50 am

There is absolutely no reason to do it this way….Once the laminator is set up as in the video you just put the next piece in each time or a waste piece of vinyl ready for next time. There is no need to cut off the laminate each time.
    This is intended to be used like any other laminator.
    We set our 54" seal up and once thats set we leave it that way for the whole of the role and just put a piece of waste in after the print to stop the laminate sticking to the rollers.

• Kev Mayger

May 30, 2013 at 11:57 am

Looks like a piece of sh1te to me.

• John Harding

May 30, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I was fed up just watching the video 😕

• Chris Wool

May 30, 2013 at 9:04 pm

And another thing any body seen with a knife within 6ins of the rollers is taken outside and shot 😮

• Hugh Fraser

May 31, 2013 at 9:24 am

If your looking for an economy laminator I would suggest the vivid polar sign 1600. I purchased the hot version after last years show and its doing sterling work with no problems. I did have to reset the pinch warning leader as it had come adrift in transit but that took a minute.

• Nicola McIntosh

May 31, 2013 at 10:37 pm
    quote Chris Wool:

And another thing any body seen with a knife within 6ins of the rollers is taken outside and shot 😮

instant dismisal in my work…..its a :no1: :no1:

• Vic Adair

June 3, 2013 at 2:22 pm

machine looks ok but leaving the laminate on the rollers is a pain! I tend to cut a piece of laminate the size of the print and hinge it on with 2” masking tape to the print then feed it through the machine with ease