• 1290 install problem

Posted by paulo on May 11, 2005 at 9:12 pm

Hi guys

can anyone help ??

ive been trying to install the printer software (drivers) etc on my pc, when i put the cd in i keep getting the following message.

c:windows\system32autoexec.nt. The system file in not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft windows appications. Choose Close to terminate the application.

has anyone got any ideas.

cheers paulo

Iain Gordon replied 18 years, 12 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Iain Gordon

May 12, 2005 at 5:17 pm

Had the same message after installing Vinyl Master Pro on a machine running XP Pro although it works fine on machines running XP Home.

Have a look at the microsoft knowledge base and you may find a patch that will allow you to get going.

Unfortunatley it didnt work for me, and all the local comp shops are bewildered by it.

Not being an awful lot of help but at least you know you’re not alone

Cheers
    Iain

• Simon Clayton

May 12, 2005 at 6:20 pm

Its a fault with windows XP sp2, go on there web site -put that message up and it will give you instructions

Simon

• paulo

May 12, 2005 at 8:04 pm

cheers guys, problem solved.

for some reason you have to replace/repair the autoexec.nt and the config.nt files in windows system32 root folder.

really simple, open the windows file and there should be a repair file?, find and copy these file and paste them into the system32 file, then reboot.

then hopefully this problem has gone, worked for me :lol1:

• Iain Gordon

May 12, 2005 at 8:48 pm

Paulo

Can you explain that in a little more detail please.

Hopefully it will work for my VMP program

Cheers
    Iain

• L J.

May 12, 2005 at 9:56 pm

sorry to interrupt this thread but just a quick question, IAN did you get my pm 2/3 days ago?
    L J

• lubo1972

May 13, 2005 at 6:00 am

Ian, just folow the step in this link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

Cheers
    Svilen

• Iain Gordon

May 13, 2005 at 11:59 am

Svilen

Cheers for that link mate…..woked a treat

Cheers
    Iain