Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl 1220mm reflective chevron supplier?

• 1220mm reflective chevron supplier?

Posted by John Thomson on March 24, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I normally get yellow/red 1220mm reflective chevrons from Grafityp but they are out of stock 🙁

Can anyone suggest an alternative supplier of this material?

Thanks

John

Martin Pearson replied 13 years, 1 month ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

March 24, 2011 at 2:52 pm

not sure i follow mate, do you mean chevrons in one go spanning 1220 in cut vinyl or printed onto reflective?

or strips like 6 inch deep spanning 1220 wide, printed on a roll?

sorry, i know im probably missing the obvious. 😕

• Hugh Potter

March 24, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Robert,

Grafityp to a yellow red engineering grade chevron film, 50mm stripes. i’ve used it for trailer boards etc as it saves time and what i’ve done so far is unaffected by the chapter 8 regs.

John,
    I’ve only ever seen it offered by Grafityp. with they’d do one with a 6" stripe!

• John Thomson

March 24, 2011 at 3:06 pm

it is 1220 wide roll of pre printed reflective chevrons…….quick and easy ( well as easy as metalic reflective can be :lol1: )

john

• Nigel Pugh

March 25, 2011 at 5:36 pm

John I cannot reply to pm’s, but the answer to your question is our new stock is on the open sea right now, eta 2 weeks.

Regards
    Nigel

• John Thomson

March 26, 2011 at 8:48 am

Thanks Nigel 😀

john

• Phillip Patterson

March 26, 2011 at 11:49 am

As for the initial question i think dorotape is pretty good!

Now that its been talked about, I was asked to do a bmw estate ambulance with an experienced livery installer. I created the graphics using 610 wide yellow reflective and cut the stripes on the red and overlaid it on to the yellow. my Livery installer mentioned that its usually come in red and yellow taping approx. 5-6 inches. so is there a right or wrong way to do chevrons??

• Martin Pearson

March 26, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Yes there is a right and wrong way to do chevrons, depends on the requirement, ie chapter 8.

If you have used engineering grade which it sounds like you have then by having a large sheet with red stripes applied will make it more difficult to fit as reflective is not the most conformable material to start with, some people just use red and yellow stripes butted together applied one at a time. The yellow isn’t suppose to be reflective anyway if you read the road traffic act. So you can apply yellow first as a flood and them apply red reflective stripes over the top

• Phillip Patterson

March 26, 2011 at 12:47 pm

wouldn’t it take longer to apply stripes one at a time martin?? it does appear to be the commonly used way from what i hear.

• Martin Pearson

March 27, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Lots of things to think about, it’s not quite as straight forward as it taking longer.

Yes it probably will take a bit longer on some vehicles but not all. It is easier to apply especially if it has to conform to the back of a vehicle. Far less chance of making a mistake if the back of the vehicle is quite curved as well.