Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl 1200mm wide graphics – How to post them?

• 1200mm wide graphics – How to post them?

Posted by Marc Andrew on October 4, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Hi,
    I need some advice as to how to post 1200mm wide vinyl graphics. I regularly post 600mm wide tubes through Royal Mail which i find quite pricey. But now i am looking to post out vinyl graphics that are 1200mm wide. I have tried to find some postal tubes online but at that width they are about £16 for one tube! Does anybody know a cheaper supplier? Also, what would the best way to post them?
    What does everybody else on here do with their wide graphics that need sending out?
    Many thanks for your help.

Ian Johnston replied 10 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Denise Goodfellow

October 4, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Postage charges are what they are. Shopping around will find a cheaper courier. I swapped over to my Hermes from Royal Mail because of the same problem… Cost.

At the end of the day, the customer must pay for it.

The other day a customer wanted some decals sending next day delivery, the box they would have got packed in was 55cm long. I quoted £8-£9 next day, and was told I was robbing him…..

(:)

• Mark Bache

October 4, 2013 at 3:38 pm

We use Birmingham Mailing Cases Ltd. They will makes tubes to what you want. Good quality tubes, great prices.

• Nicola McIntosh

October 4, 2013 at 11:03 pm

use your 1600mm vinyl inner cores and chop down to size and tape graphic and place in core to ship out (mind you they are a bit heavy) or try paper graphics they have a range of packing tubes 😀

• Ian Johnston

October 5, 2013 at 6:41 am

2 x 600 with a good run of packing tape around the joint, it will never move. Or as Nicola says use a 54" core cut with a handsaw