Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers VerseCamm SP-540i driver for onyx 11

• VerseCamm SP-540i driver for onyx 11

Posted by Martin Popplestone on June 4, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Just had Onyx 11 installed to run a HP Z6200 and i wanted to run a Versacamm SP-540i through it also rather than using onyx for the HP and Versworks for the Roland.

The engineer tried all he could but could not get a driver for the SP540i, he even contacted onyx and they couldn’t help. They have drivers for every other Roland but not the SP-540i… just my luck.

Anyone out there got a driver or can help in any way?

Martin Popplestone replied 10 years ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Colin Crabb

June 4, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Can’t see the SP-540i on onyx 11 supported list.
    Did you get the years ‘Onyx Advantage’ support with your upgrade?- if so contact them direct.

How you finding it with the HP Z6200, we’re liking it here some nice changes and finally chromatic red profiling!

Do notice it takes a lot longer to output from the RIP’d files to the printer now, but that’s minor issue.

• Martin Popplestone

June 6, 2014 at 10:40 am

Colin,

Thanks for your reply, as i say the engineer rang onyx whilst here was here and they confirmed that the driver for the SP-540i was not available. Which i find quite strange as all other models are supported… strange.

I was wondering if anyone else has this model who are running it through onyx and have managed to work around this.

Regarding the Z6200, i’ve not really had a proper chance to play with it yet but it’s certainly a step up from my previous printer the Epson 11880 in terms of speed and quality that’s for certain.

What sort of stuff are you putting through yours?

• Colin Crabb

June 6, 2014 at 11:15 am

Love our Z6200 – top quality print and very fast.

We run, satin & gloss photo papers (cheap Oce brand), Kodak 260gsm lustre, Hahnemuhle photo rag, and various canvas material.

Might be worth opening a ticket with Onyx Advantage, see if there engineers have a work around for the SP-540i ?

• Martin Popplestone

June 6, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Thanks Colin, i might just do that.

• Martin Popplestone

June 6, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Where do you buy your ‘cheap’ paper from by the way please Colin?

• Colin Crabb

June 6, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Perfect Colours – Very nice company to deal with, always very helpful & reliable.

• Martin Popplestone

June 6, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Ah yes, i know perfect colours very well… that’s who the printer is from.