Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Buy – Sell – Employment Uniform Cadet (SP300) for sale

• Uniform Cadet (SP300) for sale

Posted by Stephen Morriss on July 21, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Just bought a larger SP1400 and now have my 760mm printer for sale.

I’m still using this printer so it can be seen printing.

It’ll come with Colorip and this can be upgraded to Wasatch via one of the UK resellers.

The printer is using Elite inks and has been cleaned regularly, Just fitted a new pump.

Contact Stephen 015396 23463 or send a private message.

£4000 ono

Edit.
    Forgot to say it’s on bulk cartridges and there is at least 1l of each colour to go with it.

Steve

Stephen Morriss replied 13 years, 9 months ago 6 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Stephen Morriss

July 26, 2010 at 5:21 pm

No one interested, too much 😕

How much should I be asking?

Steve

• Elena kalispera

August 20, 2010 at 10:36 am

i think thats a FAIR price maybe £3500 be more on the dot. but if in good condition I cant see why its not shifting… maybe because more people are opting for the sp540 etc the larger machines??? Good luck…

• Elena kalispera

August 20, 2010 at 10:37 am

even just as an optical cutter its worth it I think

• Stephen Morriss

August 20, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I’m open to negotiation, I’ll not go too cheap as I might as well keep it then but I’m open to reasonable offers.

Steve

• Craig Ross

August 21, 2010 at 5:07 am

Tempting, I’m really after a Print & Cut machine… Hmm…

• Elena kalispera

August 21, 2010 at 5:15 am

I must say if your going to start anywhere the sp300 is a fantastic printer so good luck if you buy. All the nice folk here can help you with questions etc. But one bit of advice I learnt the hard way stay clear of a company called b&p graphics they will make you lose your hair.

• Craig Ross

August 21, 2010 at 5:23 am

I think I just need to sit down and work it all out. As this will sound stupid, but I’m uncertain what machine I’m looking for at moment as unsure about different inks available, what to print? what else I will need etc etc. lol.

As I am a Vinyl Cutter and haven’t ever experience Print and Cut. Sounds stupid I know.

Plus to top it off I’m moving house so some careful consideration, 🙂

• Elena kalispera

August 21, 2010 at 5:28 am

Fair enough good luck. Like I said the price is good even if you see the machine as just a optical cutter. The printer I can vouch as being the best step up for anyone. Anyway good luck.

• Stephen Morriss

August 21, 2010 at 9:41 am

Well to answer one of your questions.

The printer is running on Colourific Elite inks which were the original uniform Activasol, very good ink with resistance to a wide variety of chemicals and reasonable resistance to wear.
    However it is an older ink and some people are moving over to the same companies bio ink which can be added as the bulk cartidge runs out. I’m told that the physical properties are as good but the smell is better.

Personally I’ve changed my SP540V over to Roland Ecosol Max inks, they seem as good as the elite inks and no smell. More expensive but I’ll not swap back.

I’m more than happy for you to come and have a play with the printer, bring some high res images or vector artwork with you.

Or email me with some artwork, a job maybe? and I post it back to you.

Whatever printer you do end up with though you will need to think about laminating the prints you do, especially for vehicles.

Just pm me if you want more info or ring me.

Regards
    Steve

• Stephen Morriss

September 27, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I need the space this is in now so I’m putting it on Ebay, how much should I put the reserve at?

Would £3000 be too much to start at?

I’m asking here first as I’m rubbish at selling things, people show me their empty wallet and I drop the price instantly :lol1:

Thanks
    Steve

• Martin Pearson

September 27, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Stephen, my wallets always empty can I have it for free :lol1: :lol1:

Can’t help with the reserve but I would set it at a figure you would be happy to accept for the machine. If your offered less then it’s your call but don’t forget there will always be people that really need it but can’t quite stretch that far. Normally they are wearing designer clothes and driving expensive cars 😉

• Stephen Morriss

September 27, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Is that were I’m going wrong 🙂

Have to get the expensive car cos designer clothes don’t seem to suit me, must be all the oil and dirt impregnated into my skin. :lol1:

Steve

• Nigel Pugh

September 27, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Steve when we have taken SP-300’s in as p/x deals they generally go back out for £3,300 to £4,000 depending on age and history, I would with your machine start off at £3,000 and settle for £3,500 if you get it.

• Peter Normington

September 27, 2010 at 10:27 pm
    quote Nigel Pugh – Grafityp:

Steve when we have taken SP-300’s in as p/x deals they generally go back out for £3,300 to £4,000 depending on age and history, I would with your machine start off at £3,000 and settle for £3,500 if you get it.

no disrespect Nigel, It is a bit different when buying private, you as a company must give a warranty, so build this into the price that you sell for.
    it would be more realistic to say how much you px them for, that is a price that stephen should expect as a private sale.
    I reckon he will be lucky to get 3k, but obviously hope he gets more at auction

Peter

• Stephen Morriss

September 28, 2010 at 7:55 am

I suppose I’ll just have to think of a price that’s worth selling it for, any lower and I’ll not bother selling.
    I think I’ll start around £2500 – £2700 any lower and I’m better off keeping it as a backup, it’s quite happy only printing a couple of times a week at the moment but I’d rather have the space as it’s getting a bit tight in my office now.

Steve