Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl suppliers please of avery gloss gold ref 174421

• suppliers please of avery gloss gold ref 174421

Posted by James Beavon on February 5, 2008 at 1:59 pm

Hi there,

Ive recently done a visual for a client using some gold "vinyl" ( not sure if it is ), anyway, ive used the last of it and need some more urgently.
    Thing is, i dont know where it came from as someone gave it to me.

However on the back it says " AVERY GLOSS GOLD REF 174421 "

Now spandex and grafityp do gloss gold but it aint the same as what i need, ive given them the ref number but they say they havnt got it.

The stuff i need is very very thin almost like foil, double sided and looks a little like gold leaf, SO…..does anyone know where i can source this.

Thanks

Jay

Martin Pearson replied 16 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

February 5, 2008 at 2:02 pm

spandex do Avery and so do Cox!

• James Beavon

February 5, 2008 at 2:09 pm

Hey thanks for the fast reply.

Spandex have sent me their gloss double sided gold sample but its not the same i think the reference they have is 710g where as the ref on the back of mine is 174421.

Theirs has a see through backing is much thicker and doesnt look as much like gold leaf.

• James Beavon

February 5, 2008 at 2:20 pm

mod-edit 1
    no post bumping!

• Martin Pearson

February 5, 2008 at 7:51 pm

If it is more like a foil than a vinyl then it is probably a polyester or similar type film and by asking them for a vinyl they may not be sending you the right samples.
    Try contacting the suppliers and asking for a sample of all the Gold self adhesive films that they sell.

It could of course be a discontinued range but that doesn’t mean you can’t get something pretty close.