Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Sign & Digital UK 2017… whose going?

• Sign & Digital UK 2017… whose going?

Posted by Peter Wynne on February 12, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Sorry, me again (3 posts in a weekend!)

So it’s that time of year again and Sign & Digital UK 2017 is just round the corner. Just wondering whose going to be there?

I’ll be there all day on the Tuesday and really want to use this year to network and meet new people.

So if anyone else is planning on coming down please hit me up and I’ll happily get the beers in!

Regards,

Pete.

Peter Wynne replied 7 years, 2 months ago 20 Members · 59 Replies
  • 59 Replies
  • Unknown Member

February 13, 2017 at 3:36 am

Oi oi did somebody say beers?

• Joe Wigzell

February 13, 2017 at 9:09 am

Hi guys,

I’ll be there with my Roland shirt on…but always good to meet up so come and say hello!

• Unknown Member

February 13, 2017 at 9:40 am

I hope your planning on wearing some pants with that shirt Joe…..LOL

• Joe Wigzell

February 13, 2017 at 9:49 am

haha, just pants mind…trousers are so 2016 :thumbsup:

• Peter Wynne

February 13, 2017 at 10:37 am

Joe, let me know when you’ve got your pants on and I’ll happily come and say hello! Need to chat to you about a printer actually.

James, I’ll happily get the beers in! Could do with introducing myself anyway as I’ll be needing you over the coming months!

• Joe Wigzell

February 13, 2017 at 11:00 am

:thumbsup:

• David Hammond

February 13, 2017 at 2:12 pm

We may head down again this year, more to mingle than anything else. :thumbsup:

• Robert Lambie

February 13, 2017 at 2:31 pm

I will be there the three days, arriving around noon on first day.
    Hoping to see some new machines while there.

Will be good to catch-up with everyone in the bar on day two, as per usual. but if anyone is there on other days let me know and will do same. I am always close by the bar!! :bigsmile:

• Stafford Cox

February 14, 2017 at 1:19 pm

I’ll be exhibiting for the first time since 2014!! I can’t wait :bigsmile:

• Ewan Chrystal

February 14, 2017 at 5:59 pm

I’ve registered, not decided of I’m going yet

• Peter Wynne

February 14, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Would be great to finally meet you all if any of you are about on day one?

Stafford, are you there with Printmax?

• Stafford Cox

February 14, 2017 at 8:05 pm
    quote Peter Wynne:

Stafford, are you there with Printmax?

Hi Peter.

No, I’ll be at Atlantic Tech Services on stand F10. Not quite sure where you got Printmax from 😀

Be good to see you if you’re free.

• Peter Wynne

February 14, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Haha apologies! Had it in my head that you worked with Printmax for some reason!!

Sure, I’ll come and introduce myself 🙂

• Stafford Cox

February 16, 2017 at 9:37 am

Haha, no probs. Be great to see you 😉

• Unknown Member

March 24, 2017 at 9:45 am

So who is confirmed as going….

I’m heading down on the 28th staying the night then heading back on the 29th…Would have stayed a couple of nights but have the EN Awards on the 30th so can’t risk drinking to much beer with Rob….LOL

Interested in seeing the 3.2m machine by CSL I know its almost the same as the UJV from Mimaki

• Ewan Chrystal

March 24, 2017 at 9:55 am

Not me unfortunately too busy. I’ve always thought it’s a daft time of year for the show. Don’t know about anyone else but the run up to Easter and start of summer season is my busiest time

• Peter Wynne

March 24, 2017 at 11:00 am

I’ll be there on the 29th now (not the 28th as previously stated!)

Love to meet as many faces as possible.

For anyone who is there on the Wednesday, shall we say 1pm at the bar?

• David Hammond

March 24, 2017 at 11:28 am

Me & the old man down on Wednesday 29th.

Where is this illusive bar I haven’t ever found it!

• Peter Wynne

March 24, 2017 at 11:38 am

Ha! Pretty sure it’s right at the back, but I know the big cafe at the back sells beer so that will do!

If you fancy meeting up David (and old man) then I’ll get them in?

• Unknown Member

March 24, 2017 at 11:41 am

All this talk of Beer…Think I might leave later in the day on the 29th now…

• Joe Wigzell

March 24, 2017 at 11:59 am

We will have a cafe (with a few beers and wine) on the stand if anyone fancies putting their feet up 😉

• Peter Wynne

March 24, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Are they courtesy of Roland Joe?? :thumbsup: 😉

• Joe Wigzell

March 24, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Of course!

• Peter Wynne

March 24, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Then sign me up!!

• Hugh Potter

March 24, 2017 at 12:28 pm

I’ll be coming up for the day, early Wed’s 29th and back in the evening. Bringing Matt Hards -another forum member / local signmaker who I’ve worked with over the past 11 years.. He’s never been before!

• Iain Pearson

March 24, 2017 at 6:19 pm

I’ve booked tickets for all 3 days but now not sure if I have the time [emoji26]

• Daniel Evans

March 24, 2017 at 8:33 pm

I’ll try an come, 29th at 1pm sounds good to me.

Got a few jobs booked but it will be good to actually meet a few of you.

• Hugh Potter

March 24, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Guys, just go! I missed 8yrs because ‘I was too busy’, bad move!! It’s one of only a few days a year you can legitimately skip school and claim all the costs.. and of course meet fellow uksg’ers!!

• Robert Lambie

March 26, 2017 at 1:34 pm
    quote Hugh Potter:

Guys, just go! I missed 8yrs because ‘I was too busy’, bad move!! It’s one of only a few days a year you can legitimately skip school and claim all the costs.. and of course meet fellow uksg’ers!!

Couldn’t agree more! :smiles:

Even if you are not there to make any sort of purchase, you will be amazed at how many things you will see that may inspire you to make a purchase at a later stage, even if that is at the show the following year. God knows how many mental notes i make when i walk round the show seeing this and that. It also allows you to add to your suppliers list, pickup new samples and see/try products in the flesh, so to speak.
    I haven’t missed attending the show for the full three days at a time in over 17 years, and have been going consistently for 25+ years.

• David Mitchell

March 26, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Moved house on Friday which is mid renovation, the garage is nearly finished, my new workshop, still considering heading down for the day to get away from it all!

• Phill Fenton

March 27, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Why oh why can’t the organisers have this sign Fest in any other month other than what tends to be the busiest month of the year (approaching financial year end) for most small sign businesses?

• John Thomson

March 28, 2017 at 7:52 am

I hope to drive down for the day tomorrow :smiles:

John

• Daniel Evans

March 28, 2017 at 8:18 am

Where’s everyone meeting?

• Chris Windebank

March 28, 2017 at 8:33 am

far to busy this year, could do with a year off the show anyway

• Hugh Potter

March 28, 2017 at 8:53 am
    quote Phill Fenton:

Why oh why can’t the organisers have this sign Fest in any other month other than what tends to be the busiest month of the year (approaching financial year end) for most small sign businesses?

That is a good point and one which I’ve often griped about when too busy to go!! Now I just say sod it and take the day off!

To be fair though, probably a good time, if we’ve got slightly better bank accounts at this time of year, and the sun is shining, spring springing etc.. we’re more likely to take the plunge on some new gear, if it was december, which aside from being gloomy and wet, is also very busy, we’d probably buy nothing knowing there may be a couple of leaner months ahead!

• Ewan Chrystal

March 28, 2017 at 8:57 am

The main reason why i’ve missed it the last couple of years is the time of year. Where i am tourism is the main industry so all the businesses are gearing up for the summer hence this is my busiest time of year. Middle of summer/school holidays is probably my quietest

• Martin Lemiesz

March 28, 2017 at 12:57 pm

I will be there on Thursday 🙂

• David Hammond

March 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm

I’ll be there by myself tomorrow… see you in the bar at 1. I need a drink!

• David Hammond

March 28, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Printed the tickets off, but left them on the printer at work :shake: :shake:

Anyone know if I need the printed ticket, or can use the e-mail when I get there?? Will add another hour onto my journey if I have to call into work first to pick it up!

• Martin Cole

March 28, 2017 at 6:05 pm

After around 25 years of attending on and off and having had some good times I probably did my last show last year.

Have a good time to all that’s going and look out for and say hello to Georgio for me he’ll be wondering around tomorrow somewhere :shocked:

• Daniel Evans

March 28, 2017 at 7:18 pm

David

I’ve always scanned my phone with no issue, i never print the tickets

• Derek Heron

March 28, 2017 at 7:19 pm

well I should be there Thursday
    didn’t think I was going to make it but been called in to do a derig there on Friday morn :smiles:
    where is everybody staying and meeting

Derek

• David Hammond

March 28, 2017 at 7:36 pm
    quote Daniel Evans:

David

I’ve always scanned my phone with no issue, i never print the tickets

Drove into work to get it, 40min round trip, compared to 60mins there at rush hour.

• KevinGaffney

March 28, 2017 at 7:53 pm

Not going to make it unfortunately but curious to hear views of others who’ve attended

• Peter Wynne

March 28, 2017 at 8:40 pm

See everyone tomorrow!

Remember, 1pm at the cafe/bar towards the back of the room!

• Unknown Member

March 29, 2017 at 9:38 am

Well I can confirm the first night was a success…

Managed to pin Wee Robby down and we ended up rolling in around 5.00am this morning.

Great catching up with so many people, suppliers and friends…I made it to about 4 stands only, to much chatting!!

• James Adams

March 29, 2017 at 9:49 am

On the train up from Dover, ready to leave "lurk-mode". Profile pic uploaded, will be by the bar frequently!
    James

• Daniel Evans

March 29, 2017 at 9:50 am

I’m here, just seen a few of the vans I. The car park

• Derek Heron

March 29, 2017 at 10:34 am
    quote James Sahota:

Managed to pin Wee Robby down and we ended up rolling in around 5.00am this morning.

Great catching up with so many people, suppliers and friends…I made it to about 4 stands only, to much chatting!!

is mtex showing james
    have you had a chat with them

derek

• David Hammond

March 29, 2017 at 12:07 pm

Currently sat in the corner of the restraunt/bar with Hugh & Matt.

• Daniel Evans

March 29, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Where? What bar?

• David Hammond

March 29, 2017 at 1:14 pm

See you at grafityp stand shortly.

• Unknown Member

March 29, 2017 at 4:10 pm
    quote Derek Heron:

quote James Sahota:

is mtex showing james
    have you had a chat with them

derek

Hi Derek

No MTEX this year mate.

On that note was going to ask you what black back you were using

• James Boden

March 29, 2017 at 7:49 pm

I swear I must walk by all of you every year 😉

• Hugh Potter

March 30, 2017 at 10:28 am

Must say that I quite enjoyed it, actually went with a view to looking at a few items for future investment, though have written a couple off!

Good to see David H (thanks for the beer!) and Peter Wynn for a chat over a vastly expensive and quick lunch, Always good to see Rob, Mr Pugh and a handful of others!

I do think, and it was the general consensus, that the show seemed smaller this year, and certainly it didn’t seem as busy as last, at 3pm the halls seemed to suddenly empty, and by 4:30 even some of the stands were closing up for the day but still a good day out and I managed to find a handful of suppliers for various bits and pieces!

• David Hammond

March 30, 2017 at 10:45 am

Yes great to meet up again.

I agree with Hugh, certainly felt smaller, and missing some of the regular names we see there… or perhaps their stalls were just smaller.

I remember going many years ago and all the machines were churning out prints, & boards, free to take away, lots of Hexis had a Ferrari being wrapped, and there was loads of stuff going on, this year it felt like it lacked some of the atmosphere.

That being said, I ended up buying a New FC8600-160 to replace out FC8000-130 :blushing:

• James Boden

March 30, 2017 at 2:20 pm
    quote Hugh Potter:

I do think, and it was the general consensus, that the show seemed smaller this year, and certainly it didn’t seem as busy as last, at 3pm the halls seemed to suddenly empty, and by 4:30 even some of the stands were closing up for the day but still a good day out and I managed to find a handful of suppliers for various bits and pieces!

Yes Hugh, that’s what I felt. It seemed they tightened their belts this year and didn’t have the same buzz as last time. With that said I always enjoy going up to have a nosey at new equipment.

• James Boden

March 30, 2017 at 2:21 pm
    quote James Sahota:

Lol, no wonder I didn’t see you around James!

• Peter Wynne

March 30, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Yeah was great to meet up with David, Hugh and Matt (sorry I didn’t say bye to you Hugh and Matt!)

Certainty didn’t think it was as good as recent years. Felt a lot smaller and your right David, seemed to lack some of the "buzz" of previous years, and definitely wasn’t as many demos etc.

Got a few tools and bits though so not entirely wasted!