Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters perf cutting problem roland gx640

• perf cutting problem roland gx640

Posted by Shawn Bentley on May 21, 2017 at 9:13 pm

hi all having a few issues with the perf cut on my gx640. even with the pressure up to about 280 to cut through the paper it still cuts some and not other very well, the edges of the vinyl seem to cut a lot better. I’ve brought up the fan suction speed to fall but still not great any tips for

Attachments:

David Stevenson replied 6 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Chris Wilson

May 22, 2017 at 7:03 am

Take perf length down to 25.00mm.

Check your blade and how much you have sticking out the holder. Try giving it a mm or 2 more. Then try cutting again at about 200 (what we cut at)

• Shawn Bentley

May 22, 2017 at 7:06 am

Hi Chris thanks for that, so would perf cut length be 0.025? Then 200.000 for other?. I’m using a Edward Mathias smart blade (red one) cheers

• Chris Wilson

May 22, 2017 at 7:58 am

Not sure if the cable will effect.. I wouldn’t think so.

We are running 25.00mm in top boy and 200 grams of force (second box)

All media is different though.

• Shawn Bentley

May 22, 2017 at 8:04 am

Ah thanks Chris will give thy a go cheers got 4500 of these to do so gotta get it right lol,

• Gaz Bounds

February 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm

My Roland GR 640 is about to be set a light!
    So many faults with cutting
    20 years of experience and my old 500 quid cutter cuts better. 2 engineers and it’s come to halt
    10 meters wasted today
    I’ve been so patient and now I need a solution! very frustrated

• David Stevenson

March 1, 2018 at 9:45 am

Hi Shawn, Here’s the setting i’m using at the moment for our GR640. Its cutting through 200gsm sticker paper which is backed up onto clear 80mic vinyl. Working perfect at the moment. I’ve our blade extended so it slightly penetrates the material, probably about 1mm.

What the issue with your GR640 Gaz? I’d say we’ve had them all. Nothing but problems from day one. Thinking of advertising for a baby sitter to watch it all day.

Attachments: