Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Opinions on ValueJet 1604 & 1400 SummaCut

• Opinions on ValueJet 1604 & 1400 SummaCut

Posted by Colin Aburrow on January 12, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Hi

Would be interested in your opinion on the above machines. I have just ordered and am now getting a bit nervous about whether I have gone for the right kit. Looking at some of the post here a lot of you use Mimaki JV3. I suppose I am looking for reassurance that I have made the right choice.

Colin

Colin Aburrow replied 13 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Nigel Pugh

January 12, 2011 at 9:42 pm

No probs on the printer but surprised you took a 1400 wide cutter and not a 1600 wide…………don’t know if you have looked at other printers but the RS-640 and VS-640 from Roland could have been another option along with the JV33 from Mimaki.

Nigel

• Colin Aburrow

January 12, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Hi Nigel,

I decided rightly or wrongly that most rolls of std vinyl are 1220mm and thought that it was perhaps a bit excessive. Now you have me wondering.

Colin

• Nigel Pugh

January 12, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Colin most rolls of vinyl i.e. plotter vinyl are now mainly 1220 max width, print media is a little different, from 762, 914, 1370, 1525 and even up to 3200 when you look at banner material etc.

Most suppliers would have slitting machines so you should always be able to get material slit to suit your needs when required.

Nigel

• Colin Aburrow

January 12, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Hi Nigel

I couldn’t think of many things I would need to print and cut that big for the additional cost. What are the main things you would use a larger cutter for as I still might be able to change order if I could think of enough uses where i might be able to justify the additional cost.

Colin

• Nigel Pugh

January 13, 2011 at 9:26 am

Not many things Colin, it probably is just me that I find it strange when people have a larger printer than cutter set up.

• Chris Wool

January 13, 2011 at 10:26 am

just means you will have to double stock.
    60" for big stuff
    54" for print and cut i presume the 1400 takes 1370 material
    any way wrong person to reply really as i am a roland fan….

• Colin Aburrow

January 13, 2011 at 11:17 am

Hi Nigel

I can understand what you mean as I did think long and hard about this but couldn’t seem to think of enough reasons to go that for the larger cutter at the extra cost.

Hi Chris

That sounds a darn site cheaper option than buying 60" cutter for jobs you can’t envisage cutting.

Colin

• Chris Wool

January 13, 2011 at 12:56 pm

what size laminator you bought as you will need full width for that

• Colin Aburrow

January 13, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Hi Chris

I have 60" hot/cold laminator so no problems there.

Colin