Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Metamark md3 and MetaGuard 300 laminating problem – Help?

• Metamark md3 and MetaGuard 300 laminating problem – Help?

Posted by Danny Miller on November 6, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Hi guys having some problems laminating some stickers with metamark md3 and MetaGuard 300, i’m using a manuel roller which i normally only use for mounting boards but its worked fine laminating stickers with different laminate in the past, i’m getting lines and patches when finished laminating the stickers like i have not used the correct pressure but i have tried adjusting the pressure with no joy, i will attach some photos and hopefully someone can help.

Thanks Danny

Attachments:

Chris Jarvis replied 9 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • David Hammond

November 6, 2014 at 7:32 pm

From the Pic I can see on my tablet, it looks like silvering.

Did you let the prints outgas?

It should disappear, try putting it somewhere warm.

If its marks that repeat equally up the print it could be a mark on the rollers.

• Richard Urquhart

November 6, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Looks to me like it will be just fine after a few hours in a warm room.

• Danny Miller

November 6, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Cheers guys for the reply’s , i thought it could be slivering but there is alot more patches and lines of different shades, first time i have used md3 for stickers but i will try a warm room as its a little chilli at night in there, i will also check the rollers as the lines are worrying and as for gassing the print, i left it for 24 hours before laminating.

• Chris Wool

November 6, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Ive noticed the lines in the 7000 laminate but it seams to go but not colour changing patches.
    Would expect that to be a high spot on the roller.

• Chris Jarvis

November 12, 2014 at 10:05 am

Hi Danny,

On the very few occasions that I have laminated anything using the exact same Metamark products as you, there has been silvering especially visible on areas of black ink. I used exactly the same type of rollers too.

I’ve just hunted around, looking for an example of something I’ve previously laminated, and I’ve found some mainly black labels.

Those labels have now gone completely black. Absolutely perfect.
    It’s a good while since I printed and laminted them though, and they have been in the warm.
    So before today, I thought the silvering was as good as it was going to get. Obviously it improves after a while?

Chris