Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Help with Profile for Roland SoljetPro XR640 please?

• Help with Profile for Roland SoljetPro XR640 please?

Posted by Tim Douglas on April 12, 2015 at 9:56 am

Hi folks, looking for some help or a starting point please if anyone can help.
    Had a SP540 printing stunning bright Solid Spot colours / Moved to a VS540 – Not as good but still acceptable – Moved to a XR640 a couple of weeks ago – ( different ink Config ) CMYK_LM_LC_LB_White set up . Not as good at printing spot colours.
    At present I’m using the MD5 Metamark profile ( max impact ) to get a deep colour to our spot colours but some of the colours is still looking like they have been in the sun for 5 years already. It prints JPGS / banners / designs spot on , just trying to colour match to what i had previously is becoming difficult . Have printed the Roland Colour chart spot colours but it is limited really in that if you need a solid Deep red you only have 1 choice.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on a good Profile to be starting with – what settings would help brighten up the colours ( sign & Display ) ( max impact ) etc
    Designing in Illustrator ( CMYK )
    Many thanks for any help
    Tim

Tim Douglas replied 9 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Cat Wood

April 13, 2015 at 8:42 am

Hi Tim,

I’ll have a chat with our tech guys here who I’m sure would know, but in the first instance this may help, in the FILE FORMAT page of Versaworks, there it a Convert Spot colour check box, try checking this and printing a small clip of the file as a preview.

Let me know how you get on, will get a 2nd opinion if that fails to work.

Thanks,
    Cat

• Tim Douglas

April 13, 2015 at 8:50 am

Yeah we have that ticked Cat , Cheers Tim

• Cat Wood

April 13, 2015 at 9:48 am

Hmmm ok, I’ve chatted with one of our technical consultants here who recommends the following:
    – click on the two buttons under printer controls on rip ( convert spot colour, which you’ve already done)
    – Then set the colour management to sign and display

This should give you vibrant images and spot colours if you set as default.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

• Tim Douglas

April 27, 2015 at 10:04 am

Hi Cat, Still playing with profiles, Printed almost all profiles that i can get my hands on- None can print the colour range that the Older VS can . Does anyone have any suggestions ?

• Cat Wood

April 27, 2015 at 10:36 am

Hiya Tim,

What profile are you currently using? The Roland printers are actually tested on Metamark media when in R&D so you shouldn’t be seeing lesser results. Time to get thinking, will ask our tech guys if you let me know what profile…

Thanks

Cat

• Tim Douglas

April 27, 2015 at 7:35 pm

This photo might help , its not a smooth print , there looks to be something on each colour or its not agreeing with the material, plus the red, its light pink not blood red on CMYK solid colour or Spot colour library – MD5 profile set to MAX impact

Thanks Tim

Attachments:

• Kevin Flowers

April 27, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Hi
    that looks to be pooling because to much ink is being laid down, so bad profile

Kev

• Tim Douglas

April 27, 2015 at 7:55 pm

I agree but it is also doing it using sign and display mode plus the colour is not vibrant reason I’m trying max impact setting.

• Kevin Flowers

April 27, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Have you tried playing with the profiles on Roland’s own site, may be a different manufacturer. Don’t know if their MD5 profile is the same as on Metamarks site. Using Max Impact will always put down a lot of ink. Have you spoke to Roland I see this machine at Roland before its launch and it was printing beautiful reds with no issues

Kev

http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/3rdmedia … ex_7c.html

• Tim Douglas

April 27, 2015 at 8:10 pm

yeah Sample material and prints from my SP 450 and VS 540 sent to roland today for them for analysis . Machine only 3 weeks old .