Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Graphic Design Help can anyone help with van layout please?

• can anyone help with van layout please?

Posted by TimDouglas on August 10, 2007 at 11:17 pm

Hi folks, Have done this design for an electrical contractor just starting out. If anyone has any time to give me some inspiration it would be greatly appreciated . To all who have helped me in the past im well on my way and 20mins after taking my Roland gx 24 out of the box i was making perfect cut graphics. Have done about 8 paying jobs so far, all small scale.

He has no limitations on design . He does want it plain and not over the top, The van is metallic silver. I thought that blue and white mix would be best, he has said he likes bright green and black but I’m not sure.

Also after I have it designed I know I have to enlarge to 2000% . How do I find out if what i designed will fit in my 24" cutter ? Don’t like splits and would rather reduce in size.

Attachments:

Jason Xuereb replied 16 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Jason Xuereb

August 11, 2007 at 1:17 pm

Rejigged abit. Logo abit bigger and colours changed.

Attachments:

• TimDouglas

August 11, 2007 at 2:39 pm

Thanks not bad, have a few options to show him now. How do i use the gif file or do i just copy the ideas in coreldraw?

• Martin Pearson

August 11, 2007 at 4:25 pm

Tim, I think you are going to have to tweak it a little looking at your design, the oval as it stands looks a little bit big if you want to cut it in one piece on a 610 plotter. The panel depth on a vivaro is about 660mm if I remember correctly. With a 610 plotter you will probably only be able to plot up to somewhere around 590mm. I can sometimes get my graphtec to plot a bit wider but with the rollers at the very edge of the vinyl you risk the tracking running off.

• TimDouglas

August 14, 2007 at 3:04 pm

jxuereb, Hi the client loves your first design eakin 2 . Not so fussed on my designs ! grr, any chance you could post it as a use able file for corel x3.? Save me having to draw again, Englarge all by 2000% ?

• Jason Xuereb

August 15, 2007 at 12:37 am

Let me know if these don’t work. I don’t use corel.

Attachments:

• TimDouglas

August 15, 2007 at 12:02 pm

Worked great, many thanks . Will let you see the end results

TD

• TimDouglas

September 8, 2007 at 8:24 pm

Little advice here fitting this tomorrow morning, should I center all the graphic ( swoop + writing ) or center from the ( EAKIN ) ? Do you know what i mean? Center from eakin makes the righting read correct but then its off center when the swoop is on and dont want anyone thinking i cant use a tape measure..

Attachments:

• Nicola McIntosh

September 8, 2007 at 8:26 pm

i would centre the whole logo, otherwise as your posted photo it looks a bit off to the left with too much space 😀

nik

• Marcella Ross

September 8, 2007 at 8:28 pm

I agree, centre the entire logo. 😀

• Jason Xuereb

September 9, 2007 at 3:41 am

I agree with the lovely ladies. Centre the lot.