Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl Avery 700 white weeding problem.

• Avery 700 white weeding problem.

Posted by George Zerbino on May 5, 2011 at 10:52 am

Hello all,

Does anyone that uses Avery 700 gloss white vinyl have any problems weeding it as of lately?

The last two rolls I’ve used are terrible, as I have to hold down every single piece or letter that is cut on it.
    This applies only on the gloss white, all other colours are perfect, and I have tested on 3 separate plotters, all with the same effect.

A duff roll is always possible, but two purchased on two separate occasions (I know, they could still be part of the same batch…)?

Regards,
    George

George Zerbino replied 13 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Vic Adair

May 6, 2011 at 3:52 pm

yes we had the same problem with the 700 white must be a bad batch

• Chris Wool

May 6, 2011 at 9:25 pm

sounds like glue migration and a right pain.
    if you cut just a few letters and weed it immediately is ok.
    if left for 10 mins it becomes hard to weed.

• Robert Lambie

May 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm

yeh, heard something pretty similar to your explanation chris…

• George Zerbino

May 7, 2011 at 6:58 am

Glue migration is a good explanation, especially in this warmer weather, but it happens on cutting & weeding immediately, and only on the gloss white.

Sorry sir, the lettering for your van has been done in cream – you do know cream is the new white? Did I mention it’s much easier to weed? What do you mean "I wanted the van signwritten, not re-turfed"? Oh well…..

• Rachel Oakley

May 10, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Hi George

We did have a release issue on the Avery 700PF White due to a batch of faulty liner from our supplier. It was with the blue contrast liner, so it only affected the white product. Our supplier rectified the problem and put in some extra checks to prevent it happening again.

We thought that most of the material had been isolated, but it sounds like some got through to you. I presume you already finished this job? If you come across this problem again, please contact your usual Avery Graphics supplier so we can trace the issue back.

Best regards

Rachel
    European Product Manager
    Avery Graphics & Reflective Solutions

• George Zerbino

May 10, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for clarifying the issue.

Yes, I’ve used about 150 metres of it up to now and almost finished this last roll. Hopefully the new one I have is ok.

Regards,
    George Zerbino