Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Sublimation Printing 42" epson 9600 – any good ????

• 42" epson 9600 – any good ????

Posted by firewithfire on June 7, 2005 at 1:30 pm

hi there

i am just about to expand my equipment base and am looking at an epson 9600 42″ printer.

are they any good for general sign work ?? the ink may be the deciding factor as it seems quite pricey compared to novajet …

what attracted me to this printer is the price [5k is my limit at this stage] and also the majority of work i intend to use it mainly for printing onto canvas and creating art prints [ i have an espon 2100 which has really good results but only a3]. I dont really print out billboard size projects though i would use it to create wallpaper for the odd feature wall installation and also printing onto vinyl when the graphic is to complex for vinyl..

any coments / info would be gratefully recieved
    thanks ben 🙄

RobGF replied 19 years ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Chris Wool

June 7, 2005 at 2:04 pm

[/quote] i intend to use it mainly for printing onto canvas and creating art prints

quote :

hi i have a 9500 epson and do as you are thinking and no complants atall and has been ultra reliable over 5 years but do have a good look at the new 9700 printer price unknown – I think hps are excelent production machines and very good but the art people want that extra bit that the epson gives

chris

got this about face

• firewithfire

June 7, 2005 at 6:29 pm

thanks chris will look at the 9700 :lol1:

• RobGF

June 8, 2005 at 1:54 am

If you’re looking at doing the fine-art thing, the 9600 is a great little printer and I am sure that by extension it’s successor (9800) is a great little unit too. We have a 9600 installed here that goes all of the time. We use it to proof drum scans and for prepress purposes. When you make your own ICC profiles it’s impressive to see how nice the output off this machine can be. Now that I have gushed, I will tell you that the machine is very slow. It might be fine for art prints but it’s not the type of machine you’d want for indoor print-for-pay… It’s also not really the type of machine you’d want for sign making applications. Good luck.