Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion Off Topic Chat Do you work from Home or Premisess ? Reply To: Do you work from Home or Premisess ?

• Marcella Ross

August 4, 2005 at 9:50 am

Hi,

I too work from home, have done for 10 years now. I agree with Jem that the pros out weigh the cons. I have converted a garage into my place of work and it works fine for me. As you said Jem I’m here for my daughter during all the school holidays etc., which is a bonus. But there are times where I am guilty of falling out of bed and into work, I’ve seen me switch on the computer and start working then before I realise it it’s midday and I’m not dressed!!!!! You do have to be disciplined, but my discipline measures mean I no longer work weekends. My hubby works every weekend with his business so I have to be here doing the wifey and mumsy things at some point. My daughter deserves my attention for at least 2 days a week! I once had a customer arrive at my door at 8.30am on a Sunday morning 😮 . We were all still in bed! That’s the reason I refuse to answer my business telephone after 5.30pm on a Friday!!!

But in short, working from home suits me so I’m not about to change that in the near future.