Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Off Topic Chat Hands up who’s a cowboy? Reply To: Hands up who’s a cowboy?

• John Childs

April 5, 2005 at 4:05 pm

I don’t think I’m a cowboy. but going on some people’s definition, both on this thread and this one http://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.p … highlight= I most certainly am.

I will do the best job I can within the budget available, and stand by my work afterwards, but my main concern is not the well-being of the sign industry in general but to provide for my family, prepare for retirement and to protect the jobs and income of my employees to the best of my ability. Not necessarily in that order. Everybody else can look after themselves

However, I have overheads, a lot more than somebody working from their garage or back bedroom, and time is money so I am not going to spend half an hour trying to talk somebody into something better. I will give my opinion and if they won’t accept it then fair enough, but thirty seconds is all the time I am prepared to devote to a cheapskate.

Competition is growing and efficiency is the only way I know to be able to compete and stay in business.