Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Industry News (Archive) Hot Print Design prosecuted by Bolton Council for printing fake fabric softener labels. Re: Hot Print Design prosecuted by Bolton Council for printing fake fabric softener labels.

• Jamie Palmer

December 10, 2019 at 11:13 am

Interesting topic. I have a disclaimer form for producing clients artwork, I came to this a few years back as a lot of the Shutterstock/ Stock Galleries have different levels of purchase for different coverage. I also have printed Virgin Logos for a third party, Subway, Car Dealer Logos, Football Club stuff. So to cover me I have a form they must supply the protected components and must sign that they have permission and rights to use the artwork. I then feel that I have "Done my duty". In relation to Gas Safe Logos I just run them, you can buy them on eBay for 50p. If they want to include a registration number then I may check if I remember, have the time or have cause for concern. This could be took further in the respect of If we brand a business and use our skills to make the business’s prospective clients believe it is professional (It may well be?) Then are we Morally wrong? Take Aesthetics which is big business, chances are a young beauty therapist is jabbing needles in someones face and they chose that establishment because the sign was attractive? Maybe I am going to far!