Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Industry News (Archive) Hot Print Design prosecuted by Bolton Council for printing fake fabric softener labels. Re: Hot Print Design prosecuted by Bolton Council for printing fake fabric softener labels.

• Paul Hodges

November 27, 2019 at 2:19 pm

But what if you’re not aware of the job yourself and an employee carries it out for you? If you’re a small operation, chances are you’ll see every job that comes over your desk, by the time you have a handful of employees trained up to do the work so you don’t oversee everything – what happens then? You may even be away and an employee undertakes the job.

I do agree that common sense in these issues should prevail, experience tells me it doesn’t always. Employees don’t often think too deeply about what they’re doing, they certainly don’t ask the same questions as the owner would.

I do think Phill has a point in principle, that it’s a dangerous precedent to set. Fair enough if the guy printing the labels is the guy selling the dodgy goods, but when the printer is a third party with no knowledge of that, it becomes a bit of a talking point.