Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion Industry News (Archive) VIDEO: Sign maker takes vigilante action against a customer he claims has not paid him! Re: Sign maker takes vigilante action against a customer he claims has not paid him!

• Hugh Potter

July 17, 2019 at 10:19 am

I’ve never actually done this with a sticker, but did start taking down a sign on a Indian restaurant (about 10yrs ago now I guess) that hadn’t paid the balance of the bill, I’d given many fair warnings that I was going to do it and that the sign belongs to me until paid for. They gave the argument that it was trespassing, to which I commented that I’d be on a public pavement and wouldn’t touch their shop or property while removing the sign.

I turned up and still they wouldn’t pay, boss was unavailable or something, I told them I will start taking it down, will chase for payment through the courts and then charge to put it back. Still nothing so I took the first panel down. by the time the second of five panels was down the boss miraculously appeared with enough cash to have paid the job ten times over. He wasn’t happy at me charging him 4 hours labour for my time that day but paid before I would put it back up!

I think in this instance… the fact she has removed the original shop sign suggests that she thinks that by taking the sign down, she won’t owe the money – kinda proves the guilt to me!